40. I know you better than you know yourself

===================6 hours later===================
~Naruto's POV~

"Just wait until I find my friend" I said to Guren "we're gonna get out of this things stomach and you can get back to Yuukimaru!"

"Tch, don't be so nice to me kid! I already told you there's no point in it."

"YOU'RE THE REASON MY FRIEND IS TURNING INTO A HUMAN CRYSTAL! IF YOU WEREN'T INJURED I'D KILL YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO RUKA! YOU SHOULD BE LUCKY I'M BEING NICE!"

Guren glared at me and I glared back just as furiously before turning my head away from her in anger. It's been six hours and I've spent them looking for Ruka nonstop. The last I saw; the poison in Ruka's body had spread halfway across her body. What if it's to late? What if I find her and she's....

I bit my bottom lip hard and punched the wall in frustration.

No!

She's fine!

She has to be. If anything happens to her then...

"Here they come again!"

I looked up and saw a herd of mini Three Tails coming at us at an alarming rate. I exhaled deeply and pulled out a Kunai as I faced them; these things just don't give up do they? Man, at this rate we'll be overrun. Before we could attack, I heard footsteps approching in our direction and all the Three Tails immediately scattered. Guren and I gasped in surprise and stood completely still as the footsteps got closer and closer.

Someone else is in here...?

Who?!

The person turned the corner and stopped in front of us as my eyes widened in surprise.

"Ruka?"

~Ruka's POV~

I've been in Isobu's stomach for so long I'm not even sure if it's the next day or not. It's not like I'm bored though; Isobu's stomach is like one giant amusement park. He has some parts that I use as slides and others I use like swings. He also talks to me often and sends little mini Isobu's to keep me company. However, he's just doing that so I won't question him about the explosions I keep hearing, I know for a fact he's fighting but I won't bring that up.

I just wonder what everyone else is doing.

"YOU'RE THE REASON MY FRIEND IS TURNING INTO A HUMAN CRYSTAL! IF YOU WEREN'T INJURED I'D KILL YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO RUKA! YOU SHOULD BE LUCKY I'M BEING NICE!"

Um...

"Hey Isobu" I asked curiously "swallowed anyone lately?"

'No' he said, though his voice sounded suspicious.

"I see" I said simply, following the direction I had heard the voice come from.

If I'm not mistaken that voice belonged to Naruto, and if I'm also not mistaken he must be arguing with that crystal user. I contiuned walking and saw two figures in the distance getting ready to attack a horde of mini Isobu's.

"Isobu."

'Alright....fine!'

The mini Isobu's retreated and I smiled happily as the two figures listened to my footsteps and tensed up. I turned the corner and stopped in front of the two people as they stared at me in shock.