77. Closer

========4 days later========

I was curled up comfortably, Naoki held tight in my arms and the sunlight streaming brightly through the open tent flap.

On our way back to the village, Naruto had told me about this man named Nagato, the person who had controlled Pain. It turns out that Nagato was once a former student of Jirayia who wanted nothing more than to have peace in the world after seeing his parents killed right in front of him by Leaf ninja. After a long discussion, Nagato decided to put his trust in Naruto and used a Jutsu to bring back the lives of everyone that died in the village, resulting in his own death.

Konan, another former student of Jirayia, took Nagato's body along with the body of the man that had killed Naoki. Afterwards Konan disappeared and Kazami told me she went to go talk with her. Needless to say, when Kazami told me Konan was her daughter I was in complete shock, but happy when they had a small joyful/angry reunion. Konan apparently got lectured for trying to kill her mom.

"Mommy" Naoki said, looking up at me "can I go outside and play with Konohamaru-kun?! I want to show him my Chidori!"

I giggled slightly and rubbed her head, causing her ears to twitch slightly and perk upwards.

"Of course you can" I replied, sitting up "just don't overdue it with that Chidori. Also, don't hurt yourself."

"I know, I know!" she said "I'll tell him you said hi!"

With that, she slipped on her shoes and ran outside. I smiled softly then exhaled deeply, staring at my hands in deep thought as Naruto flashed across my mind. I'm not mad that he slapped me, it hurt a lot, but I'm more sad then I am angry. Then again I know I deserved it; I was being such an idiot.

I heard my tent flap suddenly open and I looked up to see Naruto. What a coincidence. Then again I'm glad to see him but I won't let him know that.

"H-Hey!" I said sternly "don't just come busting in here!"

"Oh" he said blushing in embarrassment "sorry."

"What if I was naked, huh?!"

"I'm sorry!"

I exhaled deeply and ran my fingers through my hair to get all the kinks and untidy curls straightened out. Naruto awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and walked over before sitting next to me. I glanced at him momentarily then looked away, deciding to let him sit there.

"So what do you want" I asked, trying to keep the nervousness out of my voice.

"I just wanted to talk to you about some things" he said simply.

"Alright."

Naruto remained silent after that and I got an irk mark before glaring at him. How does he expect to talk to me and he hasn't even said anything yet?! Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and stood up, making me do the same.

"What are you doing?!" I questioned.

"It's hot in here" he said, walking towards the exit "let's go outside!"

"It's even hotter out there, baka" I mumbled.

Regardless, I allowed him to drag me outside into the blazing hot sun. I blinked rapidly trying to adjust my vision and once it had cleared I saw Naoki beating Konohamaru with a stick and yelling Chidori while Moegi cheered and Udon panicked. I laughed as Naruto smiled in amusement and began walking in a different direction.