31. Trapped

"Ruka" one of the villagers said in relief as I shut the door behind me "our prayers have been answered!"

"Prayers" I said confused, as Konohamaru took Naoki from me and began freaking out over her unconscious body.

I had did what Naruto told me to do and took Naoki to the shelter where the rest of the villagers were being hidden; safe and away from Sora's furious attacks. Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon sat in a corner; huddled around Naoki as they treated her small wounds. However, there was a group of men standing in front of me and they looked extremely worried.

"Yes" a man said hastily "we don't know what's going on out there, but we keep hearing cracking sounds! We think the rock from the Hokage monument might be cracking!"

Worried voices rang out through the entire building and I hurriedly calmed them down. The Hokage monument...cracking? If that's true then I need to get all these people to safety. I exhaled deeply and cursed Naruto out under my breath,

He has to deal with an out of control wannabe Jichūriki and I have to deal with hundreds of panicked villagers...typical.

"OKAY EVERYONE!" I yelled loudly as they all turned "WE ARE GOING TO EXIT THE BUILDING SLOWLY AND MAKE OUR WAY TOWARDS THE VILLAGE GATES! STAY TOGETHER AND REMAIN CALM! Konohamaru, you grab Naoki!"

Everyone nodded and I opened the door. Before I could take a step forward, a loud crashing sound rang through the air and a large chunk of rock slammed in front of the door; blocking the exit and making the building shake. A few people screamed and everyone yelped in surprise; clinging to each other.

Typical...

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and looked back at everyone as they slowly started to settle down. Over coming the shock of the incident that just occurred. I placed my hand on the boulder and pushed on it as it reminded firmly in place. I'm going to have to punch it, but with the way this building is wobbling I'll have to carefully manage the amount of Chakra I put into it.

"EVERYONE!" I yelled as they stared at me hopefully "I'M GOING TO DESTROY THIS BOULDER! THE BUILDING MIGHT SHAKE SLIGHTLY SO HOLD ON TO...um...EACH OTHER?"

They once again nodded and clung to each other, cringing, as they awaited the shaking of the building. Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon huddled in a circle and gripped each other; making sure to keep a firm grip on Naoki...here goes nothing.

I took a deep breath and infused my fist with Chakra as I punched the boulder as hard as I could. The boulder broke into thousands of pieces as the building shook dangerously and a few more people let out horrified screams. Once the shaking stopped, everyone let go of each other and I glanced outside.

Well that's not good...

Giant chunks of rock had fallen off of the Hokage monument and in the process they destroyed the staircase leading down to the village. I closed the door and turned towards the villagers as they stared at me with wide eyes. I hate when I have hundreds of people counting on me...it's so stressful.

"I saw the stairs Sister Ruka" Konohamaru whispered as he stood beside me "instead of having everyone panic, just tell them the underground passage would be safer. I'll show you the way!"

"Underground passage" I whispered back, glancing at him.

He nodded determinedly and I smiled as I ruffled his hair affectionately.

"Good stuff squirt. ALRIGT GUYS! THERE'S A FIGHT TAKING PLACE CLOSE BY THE STAIRS SO TO AVOID INJURY WE WILL ALL TAKE THE UNDERGROUND PASSAGE! FOLLOW ME! Grab Naoki, Konohamaru."

"Hai!"

Konohamaru grabbed Naoki and began walking off as I followed him and the villagers did the same. I could hear the sound of hundereds of worried voices behind me and I frowned. I'm going to get these people out of her safely; that's the least I could do. A loud crack issued from nowhere and a banging sound jerked everyone to their senses as the passage we were walking in shook dangerously and dirt from the ceiling fell in small clumps.