Chapter Four (d)

"So there's a supervising teacher here as well."

"That's to be expected."

After walking around carefully on the corridor for a few minutes, we finally arrived in front of the combined study area of classes D and E. We spied on them at this moment.

"Then what do we do next? We can't even negotiate with them now."

"...Trying to invade other classrooms now is extremely difficult."

The reason why it's extremely difficult is because the supervising teacher is blocking the entrance. Thus, trying to sneak inside to look is just like an idiot daydreaming.

"Easy, we just need someone to lure the teacher away."

"I refuse."

Every time this kind of situation occurs, it'll normally be me who'll end up doing such a tough role, so I have to refuse first before they point at me.

"Can't be helped. So how about we play a game to decide who's going to be bait?"

Ohh, so it's Yuuji's idea again, huh? But rejecting his proposal wouldn't be any different from running away from battle. Thus, even though I don't like it, I have to hear what he proposes.

"So what are we playing?"

"Let's play 'past and present'[1]."

So we're playing that? If so, I should be able to win, right? No, I must beat Yuuji this time, I must let him handle all this rag tag.

"I got it. Let's play then."

"Alright, we're starting."

I face off against Yuuji, and we start this game with a voice that won't reach the inside of the classroom

"Sakamoto Yuuji will start." (Yuuji himself)

"""Yeah~!""" (Me, Hideyoshi and Muttsulini respond in rhythm)

" 'Past and present'!"

"""Yeah~!"""

"Let's start with any English word that starts with the letter 'A'!"

"...Heh?

Pa pa (clapping hands in rhythm)--> Yuuji's turn

" 'Apple'!"

Pa pa (clapping hands in rhythm)--> My turn

"...I lost..."

"You can't even think of a single word?"

"Uu! No! It was too sudden that I couldn't respond in time. Once I calm down, I will definitely be able to come up with a proper answer! B, but, isn't Muttsulini bad at this as well?"

"...Not at all."

But his reply defied my expectations.

"Re, really?"

"...I'll show it to you."

Muttsulini switched places with me, and this time, he's the one standing in front of Yuuji.

"We'll start then, 'past and present', starting with any English word that starts with the letter 'A'."

Pa pa (clapping hands in rhythm)--> Yuuji's turn

" 'Almond'"

Pa pa (clapping hands in rhythm)--> Muttsulini's turn

"...AV."[2]

English words?

"Hold on, you two."

"Is there a problem, Akihisa?"