You're Like A Teddy Bear

October 31, 2015

- Freddie's POV -
It was honestly the most exciting day of the year because the fashion club was having another Halloween show and it was Emily's first time going trick-or-treating- Brian was running the fashion club for me and I was honestly more than grateful. Because it was a Saturday, Julia had to come to school with me- as well as Emily. Jim didn't want to come and watch kids do a fashion show, he was out buying me a costume.

"What's Emily dressing up as, Mum?" Julia asked while I got Emily dressed into some daytime clothes.

"A ladybug." I smiled while I kissed the tip of Emily's nose. "Your Dad wanted to make her a bumblebee but I like ladybugs more- I carried her so I get to make the decisions." I giggled while I put her on my hip.

I walked to the bathroom, with Julia behind me, and I wet a cloth for Emily.

"Here, baby." I cooed while I gave her the cool, wet cloth- she liked to suck on it because she was teething and it soothed her. "Let Mummy see your teeth." I whispered, mostly to myself, while I opened her mouth for her- she wasn't too happy with that and she tried to bite me. "Emily, don't bite me!" I exclaimed and Julia laughed.

Emily stopped trying to bite me then she let me check her one tooth- she had one top tooth and another one coming in, I was always scared that she'd cut her bottom gums with her top tooth but Jim told me that she was fine. She made a little noise in discomfort when I rubbed the redder part of the gums- the tooth must've been closer to coming out than I thought.

"What're you being for Halloween?" I asked while Julia and I walked down to the front door, to put our shoes on.

"A deer." Julia smiled while she pulled on her boots. "Well, the girls and I are being deers and the guys are being hunters." She giggled- she had a lot of guy friends and it made Jim uncomfortable.

"How in the hell are you going to be a deer?" I laughed while I put on Emily's hat and mittens.

"Well, I'm going to do the makeup then we found antlers when we went to the Halloween store the other day." She explained. "Then we bought brown shirts and black pants and stuff- we have white papers to put on the belly as well." She nodded.

"So you aren't coming trick-or-treating with your Dad and I? It's Emily's first time." I whispered while we got into the car.

"I can come if you want me to. Can the girls come?" She asked, softly, while she got into the car.

"If they want to come I'm okay with it- Thomas can come, too, if he was going to go with you guys." I smiled and she nodded while she pulled her phone out.

Julia texted her friends while I drove to the school and she didn't really say much- Emily, on the other hand, was very chatty.

"Mah-Mah-Mah." She muttered to herself while she rubbed her cloth on her face- we had to take the cloth everywhere and it was kind of gross and it couldn't be any other kind of cloth, she'd notice if it wasn't her pink and white cloth.

"Em-Em-Em." I giggled while I looked at her, through the rear view mirror. "How are you, baby girl?" I asked and she smiled, with the cloth in her mouth. "I'm going to take that as a good." I smiled while I returned my attention to the now green light.

I finished driving to the school then I took Emily out of her seat, the three of us walked in and Brian met us at the front door.

"Well, I've really been trying with this club- I don't think it's as good as when you were doing it." He sighed while he looked at the Halloween themed stage in the cafeteria.