Galileo

June 13, 2014 (imagine 1980 Freddie without a moustache)

- Jim's POV -
Freddie was a wonderful Mum, he was way too obsessed with Facebook and he was very into the Parent Association at Julia's school- he was also on the Teacher's Committee so it was a lot of stuff for him to do and he ran the Fashion Club. He liked to be distracted with school things because he didn't want to think about John and Veronica having a baby- John got pregnant a few months ago and they just found out that it was twins so that was rough on my boyfriend. He liked to be at the school though, Julia was in his class and he only worked until noon- it was a pretty great life for him.

As for me, I moved construction firms and I got paid more than I used to. We needed the money because Freddie was wanting to adopt another kid- preferably a baby. It was a great job but I was out of town more than I wanted to be. I loved the job and the people were great but I wanted to be home with my family.

Julia grew up nicely- her hair wasn't as crazy, but it was still red and curly, and she still had the freckles and the bright blue eyes. She was so quirky and bubbly which was great, it was like she was always happy. She was very petite with thin ankles and wrists, she didn't really like being short and thin but Freddie and I thought that she was perfect.

Julia loved hanging out with John while Veronica was out doing lawyer things. She went over to help him as much as possible and she would only start going over more because he was near the middle of his pregnancy. I think her being gone for hours at a time really bugged Freddie because he wanted all of her attention. 

- Freddie's POV -
I loved teaching, I really did. I loved how Julia was in my last class and how great most of my students were- note that I said most.

"Can you guys please clean up, the lunch bell will ring in like 5 minutes." I sighed while I cleaned off the whiteboard. "Jason, I would really appreciate it if you washed the brushes instead of trying to paint Mandy with them." I was so happy that it was Friday and that this was my last class.

Eventually the class was cleaned up and the lunch bell rang. I was on cafeteria supervision which sucked but I only had one more hour.

I opened my bag lunch, that Jim packed, and I watched Julia with her friends- she didn't like eating with me during cafeteria supervision but she ate in my classroom every other day. I watched the group of teachers at a table and I really wondered why they didn't like me- I was a great guy and it seemed like they hated me as soon as I came.

"Is this seat taken?" A voice came from high above me so I looked up.

There was a tall man standing there, he had a huge pile of curly brown hair with some slight greying.

"No, not at all." I smiled while I moved my chair over a bit. "A-are you new?" I asked while I pulled out the little note that Jim always managed to slip into my bag while I wasn't looking.

"Yeah, it's my first year here. Not my first in town, I was born here, but my first in this school." He nodded while he opened his lunch bag. "I've been teaching for 22 years, though." He smiled over at me- he must've been in his mid-forties or something.

"I've been here for 13 years." I smiled with a little nod. "I'm Freddie Bulsara, the art teacher." I held my hand out and the man shook it.

"Brian May, science teacher." He chuckled while he opened the Tupperware container that was in his bag.

"May I ask what you're eating?" I whispered while I stared at the food in his container- it looked funny.