Something Doesn't Feel Right

- Jim's POV -
I didn't know what happened until Julia shot up and Freddie groaned. I looked at my daughter's pants and the lap was soaked, Freddie was withering in pain which meant Baby Nug-Face wasn't going to wait- she wanted out.

"Julia, go and shower. Freddie, come with me." I got up then Julia ran out and Freddie reached out for me.

I helped Freddie out of bed then I took him to our washroom. He sat on the closed toilet seat then I started the bath. He held onto the counter ledge and he closed his eyes while he moaned through a contraction.

"Really, this now?" He whispered while he rubbed the top of his bump.

"What's wrong?" I asked while I rubbed his jean clad thigh.

"Something is stuck in my ribs- I think it's her foot." Freddie laughed while he pushed on his ribs. "She does it all the time but right now really isn't the time." He muttered while I turned the tap off.

"Okay, let's get in now." I helped him up then I helped him into the water.

Freddie laid on his back and he spread his legs a bit. I gave him a cloth then he covered his private parts with it. He rubbed his belly and he rested his head on the back edge of the tub.

"How're you feeling?" I whispered while I rubbed his stomach.

"Mm, fine. She's moving down but-but contractions are okay." Freddie smiled. "We can go to the hospital once their closer together." He nodded and I hummed.

He decided to labour at home because John laboured at home. He also decided to do it because he was scared to go back to the hospital- he didn't really like being there that much. He was going to give birth in the hospital but he didn't want to be there if he didn't have to be.

Julia walked in while Freddie was moaning through a contraction and she looked kind of scared. She was going to be strong for Freddie but he had that little moment of fear, which was normal.

"Hey there, beautiful lady." Freddie breathed while he laid back, again- he always sat up more when there was a contraction.

"Where do you want me, Dad?" She asked while she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Just sit on the toilet and hold Mum's hand, please." I looked up at her and she nodded while she walked over to the toilet.

Our daughter sat on the closed seat then she held Freddie's hand in her, pyjama clad, lap. He wouldn't look at her because he was embarrassed- his water broke on her and the way she yelped startled him.

"Mum, look at me." Julia whispered while she rubbed Freddie's hand with her thumb.

"I can't. I feel bad." Freddie mumbled while he stared at the gravid mound.

"You don't have to feel bad, Freddie, it's just something that happened. Baby Nug-Face wanted out to actually snuggle her sister." I patted Julia's knee and she giggled.

"Yeah, I'm not mad at you, Mum." Jules smiled and Freddie looked up at her. "It was a new experience and now I can use it as a school story." She laughed and Freddie nodded.

Freddie squeezed my hand while he took a few deep breaths through his nose. He tucked his chin in and he let out a pained little scream- maybe we were further in than I thought.

"Do you want to go to the hospital now?" I whispered while I rubbed his temple with my thumb.

"I want to walk." Freddie choked out. "Just around the main floor then-then we can leave." He nodded then he held his arms up, for help.

"Y-you might want to turn around. I don't know, do what you want." I looked up at Julia and she covered her eyes with her hands.

I helped Freddie stand up then he slowly stepped over the edge of the tub. He stopped for a moment, so he could breathe through a contraction, then I towel dried his legs and back. I pulled some sweats and an old t-shirt onto him and he smiled at me.