I Was Hungry

February 3, 2015

Baby Nug-Face 35 weeks - size of coconut

- Freddie's POV -
I was finally on my maternity leave- my well deserved year and a half off. It was a year and a half because I'd be going back in the September after Baby Nug-Face's first birthday.

The beginning of my leave was going well until I woke up to an email that I felt like I would get at some point but I didn't want:

Subject: Julia Maisie

"I don't appreciate this, Jim." I muttered while my boyfriend (fiancé?) started nibbling my ear. "This really isn't turning me on in any way." I pushed him away and I clicked on the email.

Dear Mr. Freddie Bulsara,
My name is Elspeth MacCallen, I am Julia's biological mother. I understand that she doesn't know me but I wanted to know if I could possibly meet her some time? You are allowed to say no and I would definitely understand why you said it- it was worth a shot, right?

I just wanted to know if my daughter was in a safe place with people that love her more than her father and I ever could. It wouldn't have to be a huge meeting, just going out for coffee would be fine by me.

I'll be in London from February 10th to February 23rd. Please respond as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Elspeth MacCallen.

"What're you looking at, darling?" Jim asked while he moved closer to me.

"Julia's real Mum emailed me. She wants to meet her." I muttered while I started a replying email. "She's going to take my baby away from me." I squeaked and I felt tears starting to come up.

"She isn't allowed to take her, we've adopted her and she hasn't seen Julia since birth." Jim nodded while he rubbed my shoulder.

I hummed then I read through my email:

Subject: Julia Maisie

Dear Ms. Elspeth MacCallen,
I see no issue in you meeting Julia. She's grown up into a lovely young woman and I think she would like to see who she came from.

I have several rules, though:
1. You may not try to coax her into coming home with you.
2. We will be coming for coffee and that's all.
3. Unfortunately this will be the only time that she will see you- I don't want her leaving me, I'm awful like that.
4. You will refer to her as my daughter, she is just Julia to you now.
5. Ask before touching my belly- my fiancée hates it when people touch it.

I hope that you can accept these rules and that nothing is too harsh for you. I don't mean to be rude but I love my daughter and I would actually die if she left me for another family. I understand that you are her biological Mother but I've been raising her- I am her Mother.