We Can Work It Out

November 6, 2014

- Freddie's POV -
I didn't feel like doing anything anymore. Julia wasn't talking to me so I didn't really see a reason to take care of myself- I had no reason to be okay if she wasn't. She was my reason to keep going and now she hated me.

I liked to lay in bed, with my baby- she liked to move around and stuff, maybe she was hungry because I stopped having an appetite.

My phone buzzed and it startled me. I rolled over and I got it off of the bedside table.

From: Julia 🌸
Are you awake?

I didn't know why she was suddenly talking to me and why she wouldn't just come into my room...

From: Me
Yeah. Why?

From: Julia 🌸
But it's 4:30 in the morning? I wasn't expecting you to be awake...

From: Me
Just tell me what you want, im tired.

I stared at the three dots for a long, long time. After several minutes, a message popped up that made my heart leap:

From: Julia 🌸
Can I come into your bed? I had a nightmare...

Oh, now she wanted me.

From: Me
Of course. You're always welcomed here 😘

I put my phone back on the charger and I watched the door. Sure- I was still upset with her because she was mad at me, and I was positive that she was still upset, but she had a nightmare and she needed me so I needed to grow up for a while.

"Hi, sweetie." I smiled when she slowly walked into the room.

"I'm still not talking to you." She muttered then she climbed onto my bed.

Why was she sleeping with me if she wasn't going to talk to me?

"Okay." I whispered then I tried to spoon her.

"Can you turn around, please?" She never asked me to turn around, she always sunk back into my touch and she'd give me a little snuggle movement back.

"I- sure." I breathed out then I rolled onto my other side- I just wanted to be friends with her again.

I gently tickled my own arm for a while, in efforts to get myself to sleep. I listened to Julia's breathing and it slowly turned into soft snoring- the snores were barely there but they were so sweet. I grabbed my sketchbook from the bedside table and I turned on my lamp- I wasn't going to sleep so I might as well have done something productive.

I carefully outlined Julia's sleeping form then I started really filling out her face. She hated it when I drew her but I had so many drawings that she didn't know about.

Julia was so adorable when she slept, she was quiet and she would smile every once and a while- I could easily get along with this Julia.

Being pregnant made sketching in bed so much easier. I could just rest my book in the crevice between my bump and my chest then my bump was like a little table when I needed it to be. There were definitely some perks to this whole thing- a baby and a built in table.