What Does This Make Us?

July 28, 2001

- Jim's POV -
Freddie and I really started hanging out after our week at the shop. He finished his third year of uni which meant that we had the whole summer to get closer.

Neither of us had actually asked the other out but our friends said that we looked like a couple- yep, we made friends together, like a couple.

I had quit my job at the coffeehouse and I was working a Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 job at a construction firm- it was way better than working at the coffeehouse.

Since it was Saturday, I was lounging around my flat then my phone buzzed, I went to check who texted me and I smiled at the contact name:

From: Freddie ;-)
Hey, do you wanna hang out tonite? I'm not busy and I'm reallyyyy bored.

I quickly pressed the reply button and I replied:

From: Me
Sure! What do you want to do? Do you want to come over or something?

I stared at my flip phone while I waited for another message, I was way too excited for this.

From: Freddie ;-)
Of course! What if I pick up a film and you order pizza? We can make a night of it ;)

What the hell did the winky face mean?! Was he flirting?!

From: Me
That sounds cool. Are you planning on staying over tonite or are you just going to hang out for a while?

I looked at the clock and it was 6:30pm, Freddie would probably fall asleep on my couch again. He would always come over to watch a film or two and it would end with us both sleeping on the couch.

From: Freddie ;-)
We could just see where the night takes us...

Why was I so bad at telling if he was flirting or not?!

From: Me
That sounds like a plan :) I'll order the pizza and you can just come up. Do you need me 2 buzz you in once you get here?

I grabbed the landline and the phonebook so I could find the number to the pizza place.

From: Freddie ;-)
You gave me a key, you silly goose. I can get myself in ;)
I'll go and get the movie, talk soon!

From: Me
I think I'm in love with you...

I typed the message out but I didn't send it. I quickly deleted it then I reread our short conversation.

I smiled down at my phone then I closed it and I put it in my pocket.

I ordered the pizza then I ran to my room to tidy up, I didn't know where we'd be watching a movie so the flat needed to be clean. I cleaned the bathroom and the guest room then I straightened up the kitchen and the living room.

Once everything was cleaned up, I sat on the couch and I waited for the pizza man to buzz up.

From: Freddie ;-)
I'll be there soon, just leaving the movie shop.

I nodded at my phone but I didn't know how to reply to that. I put my phone on the armrest of the couch and I continued waiting.

Someone kicked my door so I quickly ran over and I looked through the peephole- Freddie was standing there with a box of pizza in one hand and two films in the other.

"Jimmy, I need help with the door!" He called, quietly.

I pulled open the door and Freddie smiled.

A Modern LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara