My Baby

January 10, 2015

- Freddie's POV -
When Julia's date ended, Jim and I heard Andrew's Dad pull up the driveway and we watched from the window. Jim and I watched, creepily, as the boy brought our daughter to the porch- he brushed a stray hair behind her ear then he kissed her ON THE MOUTH! OUR DAUGHTER GOT A KISS ON THE LIPS!

"Ooh, you got kissed on the lips!" I teased when she walked into the house.

"Shut up." Julia muttered while she hugged herself. "What did you two do tonight?" She asked while she toed her combat boots off.

Jim looked at me and we both burst out laughing. The whole dildo thing was funny now.

"Nothing, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's place. They said that Auntie Kash is coming back next month and she wants to meet you." I smiled.

That was a lie, Kashmira didn't even know that Julia was a person. We didn't bother sending her a Christmas card when we sent them, we ended things roughly so I decided to leave her be.

"Auntie Kashmira?" Julia thought for a moment then she nodded. "Your sister. I knew that Kashmira was a familiar name." She looked up at me and I gave her a fake smile.

"Yeah." I breathed out. "Okay, let's get you to bed, I want to talk for a bit." I patted her shoulder then her and I went to her bedroom.

Once Julia and I got to her bedroom, I sat on her bed and she quickly changed into pyjama pants and one of Jim's old t-shirts. I smiled while I laid on my side then she crawled in and she snuggled her front against mine.

"How was your date?" I asked, quietly, while I rubbed my thumb against her cheekbone.

"It was so much fun, Mum, Andrew is absolutely amazing." She gushed while she pulled her long hair into a ponytail. "But he touched my boob which was weird." She muttered.

"You were at the cinema! Why was he touching your boob instead of watching the damn film?!" I gasped while I sat up on my elbows.

"He was doing that yawning thing, where they put their arm over your shoulder, and he didn't realize how short my torso was so he accidentally touched my boob." She explained, quietly. "And he kissed me after and I've never felt so happy in my life." She smiled and a part of me felt upset- I thought that Jim and I were the ones keeping her happy.

"Oh." Was all I could manage- sure, I was happy for her, for getting to go on this date and stuff, but I wanted to be the one that always made her happy. I was her Mother and that was my job. "I'm going to go to bed now." I rubbed her shoulder then I pushed on her arm to help myself up.

"Um, ow?" Julia laughed while I got off of the bed. "Goodnight, I love you." She hummed when I kissed her forehead.

"I love you, too." I breathed out then I walked to my bedroom.

"Uh oh, I have an upset Duckie here, don't I?" Jim put down his book then I crawled onto our bed. "Come on, Duckie, tell me what's wrong." He nuzzled against my hair when I laid down.

"I don't make her happy anymore. She said that Andrew kissing her made her feel the happiest she has ever felt." I whispered while I tried not to cry.

See, normally this wouldn't make me cry. It was only making me cry because I was so far into my pregnancy and I wanted to be the only one making Julia happy. Jim made sure that I was keeping him happy and that made me elated.

"You do make her happy, Duck, you're her mother and, like the baby will, she looks up to you. Maybe she just wants what we have." My boyfriend kissed my cheek and I rolled over to face him.