Michael and Michelle

A/N: sorry for the huge time gap, I was starting to get writer's block and that's no fun.

December 24, 2014

- Veronica's POV -
Being a lawyer really sucked sometimes. I had to work on Christmas Eve, which was John's due date, and he wouldn't let me stay home for some reason.

I spent most of my day worrying instead of working on my assignments and John didn't call which only made things worse. I was scared of his water breaking while I wasn't there or something happening where he had to push, it was scary being at work with a very pregnant person in my home.

"Veronica, there's a call on line 1 for you." A man mumbled while he put a piece of paper on my desk. I quickly reached over for the phone and I dialled '1'.

"Veronica Deacon speaking." I could feel my hands shaking for some reason.

"Hey, sweetie, I need you to come home now." John's breathing sounded shaky which made me want to cry.

"Is everything okay?" I quickly stood up and I started putting on my jacket and whatnot.

"I-I had a contraction and they're starting to get bad. I just need someone here." He panted and I nodded. "Your babies aren't very patient." He laughed, awkwardly, and I smiled.

"Okay, I'll be there in like 15 minutes." I breathed out then I hung up. "Jack, I'm taking my month off now, my babies are coming!" I squealed then I walked out of the office.

I drove home as quickly as I could, without breaking the speed limit, then I was in our driveway after 10ish minutes.

"Honey? I'm home!" I called while I walked through the front door.

"I'm in our room!" John called back so I dropped my bag and I ran up the stairs.

When I got to our bedroom, John was kneeling on the bed, he was holding onto the headboard and swaying his hips a bit- he didn't look like he was in pain, honestly.

"Hi, baby." I stood beside the bed and I kissed his damp forehead. "How're you feeling?" I ran my hand down his bare back to feel all of the sweat- it was a little gross.

"It hurts, honestly." John giggled after he panted through, what I thought was, a contraction. "And I think Michael is dropping already." He  ran his hand over his belly to feel the bottom. "See?" He pulled my hand down and I could feel a part bulging, Michael's head was there and he was resting on the bottom of John's bump.

"They're really getting close now." I mumbled and John nodded.

It was actually kind of scary- our babies were only a small sac and a couple pushes away from us, it was all so real now.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" I asked, quietly, and John gave me a small nod. "Is your bag ready?" I looked around the room for the duffle bag and I couldn't find it anywhere.

"I-it's downstairs- I put it by the door after my first contraction." His voice was so shaky that it scared me a bit.

"Come on then, let's get you off of this bed." I helped him up and he had to hold onto my shoulders for a minute. "You're doing so well, honey, I'm so proud of you." I whispered then I kissed his head- it was something we had learned in Lamaze.

"I-I need you to call Freddie a-and Julia, I guess Jim, too." My husband muttered while he slipped on his slippers.

I took my phone out of my pocket and I dialled the number to the Hutton household. After several rings, Julia answered:

"Hello?" She sounded so happy and I just smiled.

"Hey, Jules, it's Veronica. John just wanted me to call and tell you that the babies are coming- they'll most likely be here tonight, everything's moving along rather quickly." John was mouthing words to me so I knew what to say.