Old Friends

September 1, 2014

Baby Nug-Face 13 weeks - size of peach

- Freddie's POV -
As my first trimester was coming to an end, I couldn't have been happier. I was loving my little baby, Julia was being wonderful, and Jim was giving me some sweet love- regularly. My morning sickness was almost completely gone and apparently that was the easiest part- some other pregnant women were telling me about constipation and stuff which couldn't have been fun. I guess the bad thing was that I was starting to get heartburn- awful heartburn, it sucked.

It was finally the first day of school, Julia was starting a new year and I got to teach all of the baby students that were coming into the high school- the year 9's. Meeting new students was always stressful but I had a feeling that it was going to be a great year- for the art class and Fashion Club.

"Duckie, you need to wake up now." Jim whispered when our alarm clock went off. "Come on, lazybones, we need to get Julia ready and whatnot." He moved closer to me and he placed a gentle kiss on my relaxed lips.

"I'm 13 weeks today." I smiled, with my eyes still closed, and Jim kissed me again.

"I know, we have it written on the calendar- remember?" He chuckled then I slowly forced my eyes open. "Have you felt it kick yet?" He asked while he slipped his hand under my shirt.

"Um, it's just kind of flipping around but there hasn't been any kicking yet." I shrugged while I reached down to rub over the bump. "Baby Nug-Face only flips around when I'm laying down, though, it's weird." I laughed, quietly, while I laid still to feel my baby move.

"Is it still sleeping?" Jim asked when I started pressing on my hard abdomen.

"Yeah. It needs to wake up for school, too- I can't have it waking up in the middle of my class." I hummed then I felt a little movement. "There it is." I smiled down at my small bump and I rubbed it a bit.

"Well good morning, Baby Nug-Face." Jim cooed while he went down to kiss my belly.

I tangled my fingers through Jim's hair while he had a conversation with our baby. I loved it when he did that.

After a while, my phone buzzed so I unplugged it and I checked it:

From: Deaks
Hey, do you want to come over for tea when you're finished work this morning? I want to talk to you about something...

What could that be about?

From: Me
Sure. I'll stay to eat lunch with Jules then I'll come over around 1.

"Who's that?" Jim asked when he came back up to the pillows.

"John- he wants me to go over there this afternoon, he wants to have tea and a little chat." I shrugged while I turned my phone off. "Jim, look at our beautiful lady." I cooed when I showed him my lockscreen- it was a photo of Julia and I.