What An Idiot

This is so late- I'm so sorry!

- Julia's POV -
I sat on the grass for several minutes then I decided to get up and go inside. Dad was nowhere to be found but Mum was sitting on the couch- playing on his phone.

"You skipped school this afternoon- Elaine called me and she said that she saw you walking out with your group of friends then she didn't see you come back." He frowned while he looked over his glasses- Elaine was the school secretary, what a tattletale.

"Yeah, I know." I muttered while I stood beside the couch. "I-I'm sorry and it won't happen again." I breathed out while I held my wrist.

"I know." Mum smiled up at me while he tapped my wrist. "I'm not mad at you- just a little disappointed with your actions." He kissed my shoulder once he pulled me into his lap. "But I still love you." He wouldn't love me if he found out that I was smoking.

"Have you seen Dad?" I asked, softly, while I played with his soft hands.

"He went upstairs to shower. He seemed upset so I wouldn't bother with him." Mum shrugged then she moved me so she could get Emily.

He was upset because of me.

"Anyways, how was your day at school?" Mum asked while he sat on the couch, with the baby.

"It was uh, okay. I-I didn't skip anything important, Mum, we weren't going to be doing anything in those classes." I muttered.

"I'm not mad at you, darling. Your Dad and I skipped classes, too- hell, I skipped classes in uni so Dad and I could do grownup things." He laughed while he wrapped his arm around my shoulders- he really didn't know what I did that afternoon.

"That's gross." I chuckled, weakly. "Do you know why Dad's upstairs?" I whispered while I fiddled with my hands.

"He had to shower or something. He was dirty from the garden but he'll be down soon." I didn't want him to come down. "Why?" He asked while he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Just wondering." I whispered while I put my finger in Emily's palm.

"Do you want to help me bath her?" Mum asked, excitedly. "It's so cute and she always sucks on the cloth!" He laughed while he stood up.

Mum pulled me off of the couch then he took me to the kitchen. He set the baby bath up then he carefully laid Emily on a fluffy towel- the bath was cool, it was little and pink but there was a mesh thing for Emily to lay on.

"Why are we bathing her in the kitchen?" I asked while I carefully ran my fingers through Emily's hair

"Because she can't have a bath is the actual bathtub yet- it's easier than leaning over the tub." Mum hummed while he took Emily's clothes off.