If Not For You

A/N: wedding speech taken from mml.org because I don't know how city hall weddings go.

June 13, 2015

- Freddie's POV -
It was finally that special, special day- Jim and I were finally going to get married. Julia had gotten over her flu and Jim came back then it was only wedding planning, nothing else.

We got everything done, it actually surprised me how quickly we could make things work. We also agreed on no sex until the night of our wedding, that really helped because we were focused on suits and dresses instead of touching ourselves. To be quite honest, I was really horny and some nights I really considered wanking over Jim- to see if he would wake up and do me. I didn't do it and he never woke up.

Julia was excited for the wedding- I felt like she was excited about finally having married parents. All of her friends had married parents while Jim and I were just dating- it didn't seem like we were dating, it felt like we were married.

"Do you want me to leave today or are you okay with me seeing you?" Jim asked before he rolled over to face me.

"Uh, just stay- we always do thing non traditionally." I smiled, with my eyes still closed, then Jim got out of bed.

I listened as he stumbled around the room then there was a loud thump. I laughed but I didn't open my eyes.

"We need to clean this room, I can't walk around without tripping on something!" He laughed while he got up.

"Come and lay with me!" I whined while I opened my eyes.

"Did you plan anything special for our first time as husband and wife?" He grunted while he flopped onto me- he didn't fall hard, he just fell.

"Not really." I whispered while I gently played with his hair. "But I think it'll be more loving than it was before." I smiled then he looked up and he kissed me on the lips.

"So just simple lovemaking?" He asked and I nodded. "I'll make it good for you, okay?" He kissed my lips, again, then he rested his head on my chest.

Jim just laid there, silently, while I played with his hair. The house was quiet and it was so peaceful- there were no babies crying, no teenagers puking, and no dogs barking.

"Do you ever regret anything?" I whispered while I moved him off of me.

"It all depends on what you're talking about." Jim frowned while he rolled over to face me.

"Us. Do you ever regret anything with us?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Absolutely not. I think that everything we've done has been perfect. Sure, I would change the way we used to fight and stuff but I wouldn't change anything else." He grabbed my hand and he gave it a tight squeeze. "We have a messy relationship but I hope for more messiness in the future." He giggled and I nodded.

"We'll have to toast to that tonight." I giggled and Jim hummed. "I bought champagne for after the kids go to bed." I smiled while I pinched Jim's cheek.

"Well that's awfully fancy, innit?" He laughed while I continued squeezing his cheeks.

I played with Jim's face for a while then Emily woke up and he had to get her. I was still giggling when he left.

"Oh, there's my sweet girl." I smiled when Jim brought our baby into the room. "I missed you last night." I cooed when she was given to me.