Let Me Paint You

January 15, 2015

- Freddie's POV -
My first day back, after the conference, went smoothly. The substitute teacher was wonderful with the kids and they were well on their ways with their painting projects.

Since it was my second day back, the kids continued their projects and I didn't really have to do anything. I sat at my desk and I caught up on old marking- and planning for my maternity leave.

After my classes, I had lunch with Brian in his classroom- there were science posters all over the walls and a biology mannequin on the counter.

"What's your mannequins name?" I asked, quietly, while I adjusted myself on the bench.

"The kids named him Bartholomew." The older man chuckled while he put his empty Tupperware container into his bag.

"That's why I don't let them pick names for my baby." I laughed while I continued to pick at my lasagna. "My daughter would be named Bartholomew or something." Brian laughed while he walked over to the board, he erased some things from his other science class then he started writing biology things.

After a while, the bell rang and the kids started walking in. I put my lunch into my bag then I just sat there and I watched the kids.

"Mr. May, why is Mr. Bulsara in here?" A girl asked while she looked over at me- I didn't know her so I was really wondering how she knew me.

"He's a huge part of our lesson today, okay?" Brian sighed. "Just... everyone be quiet and we'll get started." I crossed my ankles and I rested my chin in my hand- this was interesting.

Brian started his lesson on notes about breeder and neutral biology- how everything worked inside of them and why things happened. He gave me a note package and I followed along with what he was doing- I kind of wanted to teach biology.

"What is that?" I laughed while Brian drew some random thing on the board.

"It's a uterus, Freddie." Brian muttered- he was allowed to call me by my first name because I was off.

"That's not a uterus." I shook my head and the kids started laughing. "Let me draw you a uterus." I stood up and I waddled over to the whiteboard. "Okay, this is not a uterus- this is just ugly." I drew an 'X' through the drawing, with a red marker, and the kids laughed. "This is how you draw a uterus." I hummed while I looked at the textbook.

When I turned back to the board, I dropped the marker onto the floor.

"Oh." I frowned while I stared at it- if something was on the floor, it was dead to me. "It's okay, just sit down." I put my hand up to Brian then I grabbed another marker. "Okay, here's a uterus." I muttered then I drew it on the board.

"And that's why I'm not an art teacher." Brian laughed and the kids nodded.

I sat in Brian's spinny chair and I rolled around the front of the classroom.

"You're being a distraction." Brian muttered while he pushed me back to his desk. "Just stay here until I tell you to come out." He laughed and I frowned.

I continued pouting while Brian taught then he motioned for me to stand beside him. I waddled over to him and he positioned me so my side was facing the kids.

"Okay, so Mr. Bulsara is almost 33 weeks along which means he has how many weeks left? Mary?" He pointed to a girl and she quickly flipped through her notes.

"It depends on the way you count weeks but normally it's to 39 weeks so he has 6 weeks left." She nodded and I smiled.

"And which way should the baby be facing now? Andrew?" Oh, Julia's boyfriend.