Can We Talk For A Moment?

January 5, 2015

Baby Nug-Face 31 weeks - size of pineapple (first 3D sonogram!)

- Freddie's POV -
Technically I was supposed to be on my maternity leave but I had to work (because Jim wasn't working) which meant I had to be up at 6:00am- I wished for death as soon as my alarm clock went off. Actually, the sucky part was getting an email at 5:30am about some stupid assembly:

To: All Staff

There will be an assembly during Block 1 to welcome all students back to school. Every student is to attend unless there is something important going on.

Remember to send all announcements to the office before school starts and have a great second half!

Principal Maloney.

"I hate your job." I kicked Jim in the shin and he woke up. "You're modelling for me today, your ass will be at my school at 9:45 and you will be happy to see me." I frowned while I got out of bed.

Thank God he loved me, I wouldn't be able to tolerate my morning self.

I got ready in our bathroom then I went down to the kitchen. I put some toast in the toaster then I hollered for Julia to hurry up- it was now 6:45am and I always had to be at school by 7:30.

I was feeling pretty grumpy until my phone dinged, I quickly waddled over to the counter to check it.

From: Brian
Do you want to chaperone a field trip for me?

I remembered him telling me about some kind of field trip but I really couldn't remember all of the details.

From: Brian
It's on Friday.

From: Me
Where are you taking the kids??

From: Brian
To the National Space Centre in Leicester. It'll be a 2 and a half hour bus ride but it's Julia's class.

Oh, it being Julia's class made everything different. I would totally move my doctors appointment to spend 5 hours on a bus with my daughter- no sarcasm, seriously.

From: Me
Sure! I need to find someone to watch my kids for the day. Come 2 my classroom after the assembly and we can talk- we also need to talk about the upcoming conference.

The teachers had a conference coming up and I didn't really want to leave Julia and Jim for the weekend- especially because I'd be nearing 8 months at the time. But I'd be with Brian and he was good to me- he taught a biology class so I assumed that he knew something about the human body.

After some time, Brian texted back 'k' and Julia bounced down the stairs. She looked adorable in her uniform and she had her hair pinned up on the sides- it was still down her back but only her "bangs" were pinned back (she didn't actually have bangs).