27

March 10, 2007

Shawn

Night

"Listen before you go up there I need to talk to you." Nicki explained calmly. She was done crying for the day. She had spent all her tears on Izabella, Bey and Ms. Tina. She was just as drained and felt as if in any moment she could just pass out.

She called Solange last night to update her. Solange had been contacting the family on Tim's side and Nicki was contacting everybody in Kelly's family. For some reason Solo just couldn't get in touch with Ms. Gloria nor Shawn. Chris answered but she was meeting up with him later to break the news.

Nicki was actually glad that Shawn showed up at Bey's house. So she could tell him now instead.

"How do you know Bey? What's going on? Why did she call me crying?" Shawn fired off questions quickly looking for answers.

"Lets just sit first and I'll answer all of your questions." Shawn nodded his head closing the door behind him and following behind her to the couch.

"I work for Beyoncé. I'm her assistant I just started this week. Mama kinda recommended me."

"Why? You're almost done with school. You know we got you."

"Yeah but before y'all I had to have me and Solo. I don't like handouts and I've always worked. Plus I'm not working too hard and she pays well."

"But that still doesn't explain why you're here. She has an office."

"Uh. Shawn-" Nicki hesitated a little.

"What's going on Nick?" Nicki decided she wasn't going. To prolong the process. She had done this multiple times over the phone and it hurt her more each time.

"Shawn, there was an accident-"

"Is Bey okay?" He asked getting up from the couch.

"She's fine Shawn let me finish." She said pulling him back down to the couch.

"Okay," he said sitting down.

"Kelly, Izabella, and Tim were on there way somewhere. There was a drunk driver and he was on the wrong side of the road.-"

"Their okay though. Right?" Shawn asked in a panic.

"He hit them head on. Izabella has a few scratches and a Broken arm."

"Okay, Kelly and Tim? They're fine right?" Deep down he knew what was about to be said but he didn't want to believe it.

"They didn't make it." For a moment Shawn just sat there. He wanted to process what had just been relayed to him. He sat gazing past Nicki as if someone was behind her.

Nicki looked back and saw nothing so she began waving her hands in his face. That quickly got his attention. He looked at her and confirmed that she wasn't joking.

He soon got up without a word and started for the stairs.

"Jay!" He briefly stopped and looked down at her.

"What?" He asked dryly.

"Jay whatever you do please don't rub it in she feels bad enough." He shook his head. He wasn't there to pick a fight. He didn't want to deal with his feelings right now so he would push them back and focus on theirs.