10

February 16, 2007

Night

Tina Knowles

Baggage claim was something I wasn't accustomed to. I was use to having people get stuff out and pack it for me.

Some how the lavish life that I was use living was ripped right from under me. I was use to flying private yet I had no choice but to settle for coach.

I was okay with that because it was all for my baby. I would go to the ends of the earth for my children and nothing could ever change that.

The only thing now was I couldn't think of why I flew coach. Somethings never add up and it pissed me off. Flying private would have gotten us her a lot quicker but some how Matthew found away to convince me that things would be okay.

Matthew always had a way of changing my mind. He even tried to convince me not to come saying that if it was serious Kelly would let use know.

Sometime I often wonder what happened to the man I fell in love with because even a fool can see my girls are my world.

Beyoncé, when that girl smiles and whole word shines and Kelly when that girl talks, the whole world listens.

Both are a force to be reckoned with but together they are an army.

Somehow that changed, Beyoncé changed, because Beyoncé didn't want to talk or smile.

She stopped calling us, and she stopped trying to have a relationship with us which was hurtful.

Her father was happy about that but I wasn't. He felt that as long as she went to college and became a lawyer she would be fine.

She told me she loved Shawn and I was proud of the young lady she was becoming.

Shawn might have been older but I knew he loved my baby girl.

He made her so happy and then he broker her heart. I couldn't understand, I just had so much hope in him. I knew him when he was knee-high to a grasshopper and I never thought he would be the one to crush my baby.

I wanted her to be happy, but she couldn't be because her hurt. I was routing for him...

*
*
*
*

February 13, 1997

Flashback

Combing her daughters hair, Tina smiled brightly at her. Beyoncé was a seventeen year old beauty and she was a replica of her mom.

"I'm all most done." She announced as she tucked some of the loose strands behind her big ears.

"No, ma don't do that." Beyoncé said as she pulled the strands out making sure they covered her ears.

"Why not?" She tilted her daughters head so she could look her in her eyes.

"Because, I'm not trying to look like dumbo." Tina laughed at he daughters comment.

"Baby, you'll never look like dumbo your too cute for that. You might fly away but that's about it." A light chuckle escaped her mouth and Beyoncé frowned and covered her ears.