XXXIX - Shopping, Shopping.

Start from the beginning

"Yar, these two are too desperate. Kabir, we'll be needing another room. Who knows they start hooking up in another minute or two in front of us." Geet spoke and I gasped before glaring at her. Everybody giggled at her comment.

"Tumhain bohat maza aa raha hai na?" [You are having a lot of fun by teasing me. Right?] I whined at Aryan.

"Han to!" [Yes.] He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Yar...Bas karo." [Dude, stop it.] I was annoyed by him now.

"Okay!" He said and quickly pecked my cheeks and got up leaving me with a huge grin on my face. I freshened up and we had breakfast together. We were sitting at the terrace and having our usual banters when Karthik decided to grace us with his presence.

Aryan who was sitting beside me, fisted his hands and looked at him as if he were ready to beat the hell out of him. I clutched his arm tightly to stop him from getting up.

"He's my friend too." I whispered to him. "And don't forget that he's Naina's cousin."

"But he's blackmailing you." He frowned at me.

"He's not doing it anymore. We're cool." I tried to convince him in the best possible way.

"Eleana, Can I talk to you for two minutes?" Karthik asked suddenly breaking our little whispering competition.

"Uh.." I was trying to figure out what to say.

Aryan clutched onto my arm tightly, forbidding me to even move.

"Aryan, you can come along too." He spoke again.

Aryan agreed and so we followed Karthik to the next terrace.

"Aryan, can I talk to her in private for a second. You can see us. I won't do anything." Karthik asked him. Aryan looked reluctant but I assured him that it was fine. He stayed there while Karthik and I moved a few steps away from him.

"Eleana..." He started off. "I just want to...?"

"What?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Uh. Actually.." He rubbed the back of his neck. I glanced at my wrist watch, tapping my feet.

"I-Am-Sorry." He said quickly.

"What?" I asked baffled.

"I am sorry." He said again emphasizing on each syllable. "I am sorry for making you suffer.  When I saw you and Aryan that day, I realised how mean and inhuman I was. The way you both behave around each other is enough to convince someone how much you're in love with each other. Forget me, no one can separate you two. I am sorry. I realised this much later that I was making you suffer in such a condition. I know that you don't have any hopes left but I will still pray that you live long enough to see your and Aryan's grand children getting married." He chuckled at the end making me giggle too.

"That's so nice of you Karthik. I am so happy that everything's cool between us. You're a great friend and I didn't want to leave with any regrets. I want to take good memories with me only.'' I smiled at him.

"Yeah..so friends?" He asked leaning his hand forward.

I shook it happily. Aryan decided to join us then.

"Are you done?" He asked looking at me expectantly. 

"Yeah. Bro!" Karthik surrendered, putting his arms in air. 

"Good. Because even if you weren't. I would have taken her away because you've wasted our whole 10 minutes." He raised his eyebrows at him, smirking.