Chapter-26 The One With The Job

Start from the beginning

Time to go inside Aby, Best of luck to me!

I entered the company and I was hell nervous about today. First experience, First ever job interview.

I went to the receptionist and asked her about the interview procedure. She led me to the way where all other intervieews were seated.

"Please wait here, you will be called in a while."- The receptionist smiled and said and then left.

I saw the other interviewees, all of them were dressed formally where as me, I was so not dressed according to the environment.

Kahan phas gai re Abeer, isse acha shadi ke liye han kar deti.

Most of the girls were seated at the lobby where I was, waiting for our turn.

Ajeeb hai. Itna time? PA hire kar rahe hain ya shadi ka din decide kar rahe hain?

After sometime I saw a girl coming out the room, where interview was being held.
Her face was gloomy. Maybe she didn't get the job?

One by one most of the girls went for the interview and came back defeated.

Hain?? Kisi ko bhi select nahi kia?

"Ajeeb nakhre hain in logon ke. I was perfect for the job still they didn't select me? The director must be racist, he must have hired his relative and this interview is just a joke."- I saw one of the girl speaking to the receptionist angrily.

I went up to her and asked her about what happened inside.

"Excuse me."- I said and the girl turned towards me.
"I am sorry I overheard your conversation, but why are you angry? what happened inside?"- I asked tensed.
"All of them are racist, they didn't give me the job. I mean comeon I acquire all the qualities of a PA.
I suggesst you should leave too, they are not going to
give this job to anybody. They must have already hired someone."- The girl said angrily and then left.

Maybe the girl is right? Dozen of them
have left without a good news. If they didn't get the job, how am I gonna get it?
Forget it Abeer, this job isn't for you.

I finally decided to leave from there without giving the interview.

I was about to leave when my name was called.
"Abeer Rashid?"- The receptionist called my name and I reluctantly turned around.

"Umm...Yea."- I said.
"It's your turn now, you can go inside."- The receptionist said and now I had to go.

I went inside the room and smiled in a thin line to the three HR managers sitting in a horizontal line across the table.
They smiled back and gestured me to sit at the seat in front of them.

I sat down and handed them my CV.
As they were going through my CV, my eyes roamed around the room.
I saw a CCTV camera attached to the ceiling.

"Ahem."- The lady HR manager cleared her throat and then said.
"You are an MBA degree holder, yet you came for a job like Personal Assistant? Don't you think this job isn't suitable for you?"- She asked.

My throat had went dry, I took a sip from the glass of water kept in front of me and then said- "Working in a textile company has always been my dream. I always wanted to pursue my career in faishion designing but just couldn't. I know I am not the right candidate for this job but I might learn and grow from this job."- I said genuinely.

Three of them exchanged glances of eachother.
The lady closed my CV file and handed it back to me.
"I am sorry but we don't feel this job is suitable for you. You are highly qualified for this job."- She said and I was dejected, although somewhere I knew that I wasn't going to be selected but still I had some hope.

I smiled in a thin line, took my file and got up from the seat.

Suddenly the telephone rang of the office and the lady picked up.
"Yes Sir"
"But Sir..."
"Okay Sir.."- She said.

I reached the door and was about to open it when the HR manager said- " Wait!"

I turned around to look at them.
"Yes?"- I inquired.
"You are Hired."- She said and smiled.

I couldn't believe what I just heard.
What? Why? Suddenly?

I was going to bombard them with my questions when she said- "Our boss liked your confidence and he has ordered us to hire you."

"Boss?"- I asked and she simply pointed towards the CCTV camera.

I gave a mysterious look to the camera not understanding a single thing that just occured.

Am I happy or shocked?

X-------------------------------X
Quote of the Day:
"Before you give up, think about why you held on for so long."

I hope you all liked today's chapter. :D
Lots of votes and comments <3