My One and Only [Nagisa]

@lemonlaunch ahh, it's been a while. and it'll prob be a while even more after this. idk, it feels like i'll be stopping soon, so enjoy while you can~ this'll be (very) short and during their engagement, not marriage though

        Her eyes fluttered open as the rain pattered hard against the window. Her eyes were sore, puffy, and red as she swung her legs over the blankets and onto the floor. The coldness helped wake her up as she slowly moved downstairs. 

Everything felt so cold.

        She briefly glanced at the clock on the wall, reading 1:56 AM. Shuffling into the kitchen, the (h/c) decided to make some coffee, thinking she might as well stay up if she couldn't sleep. However, her head pounded when she reached for the powder and caused her to drop to her knees.

It's so painful.

       The fall against the kitchen tiles was heavy, bringing down a newspaper article and ring onto the floor in front of her. (E/c) orbs stared into both, her shaky hands reaching for the ring first. It was beautiful and simple, a moderate sized diamond with a tiny heart engraved on the inner side of the band. 

I can no longer feel anything.

        Sliding it onto her ring finger, she next reached for the article as tears pricked the corner of her eyes. Her eyes reread the heading once again as tears slowly dropped onto the page. Next came sniffling, and then the hiccups as she started to sob.

Why him?

        "Please don't take him away from me. Please don't leave me all alone. Please..." Begging to no one in particular, her sobs grew louder as the article titled "Loved Teacher Dies in Accidental Shooting" slipped from her fingers. A picture of a bluenette was on the page, wrinkled from her wet tears.

Why must they take away my one and only?

        She no longer had anyone besides her. All that she had left was the cold floor.

~

Ah, how nice it is to write a short sad story. it's been so long after all. I actually intended to write a nameless drabble but... not really right now.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed