Twenty-Three: Funeral

I was hundred percent alone in this world. My mom was everything I had and now she got shot ten times in the heart because of these heartless people. 

Here I am a day after her death in her bed hugging her pillow and smelling it. Tears rolled down my face as I griped on the pillow and screamed into it. I open my eyes and cleared the tears that rolled down my face. My eyes quickly catches something in the vanity, I quickly stand up and go where I see the white envelope with my name on it. I furrow my eyes as I quickly grab it and open the envelope seeing a cursive writing on it. 

Rosalie, by now that you're reading this I'm probably dead already. Im sorry I had to do this baby girl. I didn't have another choice then to take my own life instead of you watching me suffer of Cancer. Yeah, I had cancer.. all this time since the day we moved to start fresh. Also because Anne was my best friend since middle school so I asked her to do me a favor and take care of you even though I know you're a young responsible seventeen year old. Im sorry for hiding this from you but I didn't want you to care of me and miss school or shrink on your grades. Thats why I always gone, I was always in the hospital either taking test or staying there because I didn't want you seeing me like this. Im sorry if I disappointed in any way. Im also sorry, really really sorry for never being there when you needed me. 

You'll always be my little girl and from above Ill always take care of you. Forever and Always my little girl.

Tears ran down my face as I clutched the paper to my heart. My mom had cancer this whole time, my mom took her own life because of cancer. I fall to the floor and brought my knees to my chest and hugged them let out loud sobs. I let out scream and tossed the paper that landed on my feet. 

Silence filled the room once I stopped crying and screaming. 

"So this is how is gonna be for the rest of my life?" I ask myself as I looked around the room and sigh. 

**

Missing texts and calls from my friends showed on my phone. A week had past by and I haven't gone to school nor opened the door to anyone who knocked. My apatite has drained and I haven't gone out for days. Thats until today, it's my mom funeral and Ill have to go no matter what. I look myself in the mirror and sigh... my dress a little above my knees as it covered my arms. My hair was in a ponytail and I wore my black vans. I grabbed my purse full of tissues and my phone that I'm sure I won't be needing. I got out of the house quickly not really minding locking and got in my car. 

**

The funeral home was full by the time I got there. All my moms work partners and friends I didn't bother to say hi or anything. I just sat front seat as I saw for guys bringing the coffin. My heart stops as my eyes widen knowing my mom maybe inside the coffin. 

"Ms. Lane?" One of the guys waves in my face as I look up at him. 

"The owner of this funeral home told us to tell you if you want the coffin opened or closed?" He asks as I look back at the coffin and shake my head. I won't stand seeing my mom laying there during the whole ceremony. 

"Closed." I mumble as he nods. 

"My sincere condolence Ms. Lane" he says as I nod with a tiny smile. He left after that as the ceremony was about to start. Everyone took a seat as the ceremony was gonna start. I started blocking everyone out as I went back to the day I was little with my mom still beside me. 

**

"Ms. Lane would you like to say a few words?" The priest says as I am brought back to realty and nod slowly getting up. I walked by the microphone and cleared my throat. 

"My mom was always a sweet caring mother... She always knew how to make me smile and care for me always been both a dad an a mother since the day my dad left us. I will always admire her.. because of who she was... a respected women by many and loving mother" I paused for a minute as I sobbed. I look up and in the back I see all my friends that been trying to contact me sitting down with tears in their eyes. But the one who catches my eyes is Harry. His eyes are blood shot red as he looked at me and mouthed an 'I'm sorry'.

"Unfortunately, cancer took her away from me," I sob as tears rolled down my eyes. This time I couldn't stop crying. 

"Come on Rosie, let's sit down for a bit," My moms ex partner as I nod as sat in my previous seat. Other people began to say how wonderful my mom was. I blocked everyone out again as I waited for the ceremony to end. 

**

"Thank you all for coming and honoring my mother so beautifully," I say as everyone stood up and started leaving the funeral. I on the other hand stayed for a while with my mom. Once everyone was gone I walked slowly to the coffin and opened it slowly seeing my dead mother. I let out sobs as I caressed her cold cheek. 

"Why? Why you?" I ask as I looked at my mother. 

"Please don't leave me.. I really need you momma. More then ever" I say as I lay my head on her chest and let out sobs. 

"Come one baby," Harry's voice says behind me and he carefully puts his arms around my waist. 

"I can't leave yet...." I shake my head as he pulls me from my mother. 

"Come on, you need rest," He says as I look up at him and hug him tightly. 

"Im all alone Harry!" I cry in his chest as he caressed my back swaying me softly from side to side. 

"You still have me baby," He says as he whispers in my ear.

"Now lets get you home to get rest," Harry whispers as I nod. He grabs my hand as we head to the entrance. Looking back at mom I mouthed an I love you.           

Low-key I'm crying right now. This is the saddest chapter I've every written in my whole entire life. Did any of you like it? Please comment and share! Thanks! Love y'all.