"How many times was he shot?" someone asked.

"Lucky?"

"E?" he responded with teary eyes. I held on to his hand as tight as I could.

He has one hand over his chest.. which answers everything.

"I'm here. I'm here Lucky," I smiled. I couldn't hold it any longer, I dropped a couple of tears but like I said.. this is my friend.

"Eric?" he said before taking his last breathe. His eyelids slowly closed and I slowly released his hand.

This feels like a dream. A nightmare. Is this a nightmare?

I hope it's just a nightmare.

At that moment, I started to cry. Fuck hiding my emotions, my friend just died.. I witnessed my friend's death.

Lucky's last word was.. "Eric."

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I continued to look at my friend's dead body.

A couple of witnesses are trying to console me, but I don't care about that. Right now more than anything, I want to kill every damn Blood in the city.

"I think they're tracking down the shooter. They spotted two men in a black truck, and according to witnesses.. they aimed directly at this man."

"Please stop the gang violence guys... please."

"Gang violence? So are you saying..." a lady trailed off.

"Yes m'am. The shooters are most likely members of either the Crips or Bloods."

Words can't describe how I'm feeling right now. My friend was killed.. for no reason.

The more I look at his body, the more I want to seek revenge. This feels like a setup. Yeah, this is definitely a setup.

"Mr. Wright? The parademics will be here soon. Could you please stand back?"

I grabbed his hand one last time and held on to it for awhile, before releasing it.

I instantly unlocked my car, started the ignition, and headed towards Compton.

Fuck the speeding limit. I don't care about anything or anyone at the moment.

I'm speeding and trying to hold back tears at the same time. But I can't. I can still hear Lucky's voice. I can still picture him laying on the ground, bleeding to death and crying. I can still picture me squeezing his hand, and him taking his last breathe.

This seems so surreal but I can still picture me witnessing my friend's death.

City of Compton

"I think they're tracking down the shooter. They spotted two men in a black truck, and according to witnesses.. they aimed directly at this man."

I remember the guard describing the truck and the shooters. His exact words...

Tonight is my lucky night because I spotted a truck with two passengers who seem suspicious. If I'm not mistaken, this truck fits the profile so I decided to chase it.