Chapter 18 - Unforeseen

Start from the beginning

"Who are these guys? They sure know how to throw down," Xavier says, cringing as one them breaks the neck of a Trooper. "That's one way to break up with a man."

Katree ignores Xavier's pointless commentary and runs to her brother, however, she is stopped by the leader of the group.

"Get out of my way!" Katree spits, throwing a high punch to the Leader's face. The leader blocks it and throws her onto the ground, stabbing her chest to finish.

"Oh shit!" Xavier yells as he quick draws his WESTAR-34 shooting the leader in the shoulder. She falls onto Katree's corpse, taken by surprise she throughs down a smoke bomb and attempts a strike at him. He quickly shoots her again, this time, however, prepared she side steps the bolt and continues the attack on Xavier's life. Suddenly she pauses and backflips avoiding a bolt.

Xavier slow to react is hit by the blaster bolt below the heart and hits the ground hard.

"Xavier!" Aya screams, falling to her knees, crying with guilt sweltering in her heart as she aims her blaster at her chest to join her forsaken lover in harmony. The Leader walks towards her and stands there, analysing her.

Ibn La Ahad, Near Unknown Space

The Lambda-Class Shuttle comes out of hyperspace and descends onto the planet. Leo lets out a sigh of relief to see the temple after passing over the Piranchino Mountain Range feeling the afternoon sun touching his eyes.

"I'm home." He whispers, taking in the sights.

"Is that where we are landing?" Evangeline asks, sceptical about the condition of the city.

Leo smiles at her comment and replies, "It may not look like much, but I've lived here for about 2 years now and it's very peaceful."

"2 years, wow. I surely couldn't do that." Eva responds, acting like she's been living like royalty all her life. "Is anyone else here?"

"Yes, My Master, Yoda and someone else who I can't really explain too much about without you... seeing her."

"A her, ah. Is she cute?" Eva teases, poking Leo's shoulder to gain his attention. "Is she your girlfriend?"

"She's amazing and yes she is." Leo blushes as Eva gives him a playful intrigued face. "And I wouldn't have met her, if it wasn't for me going to this planet."

"That's sweet, she's a very lucky girl then," Eva places her left hand on Leo's shoulder. "Because she has great man in her life to keep her company." He smiles and returns to looking back the temple, he lands next to Raven's old Jedi Fighter. The hanger bay door opens letting the slaves out of the cramped confinement.

May and Max are the first to exit with her helping her brother slowly walk out. A Human child runs out of the Shuttle almost knocking into May as he excitedly marvels in awe of being free. A Rodian female follows behind wearing a ragged dress, she looks to the sky, "I never thought I'd see such a clear sky in my life."

Three Adult Twi'lek females walk out slightly hesitant of the planet, with the lead Twi'lek holding the hand of a young Zabrak male. The Zabrak hugs the purple skinned Twi'lek.

"You kept your promise. Thank you," He says, crying in her arms.

"I never gave up hope," The purple Twi'lek replies, starting to cry with him.

Leo and Evangeline emerge last, seeing them embrace the thrilling sensation of freedom delivers satisfaction to his face.

Eva places a hand on his shoulder, "Thank you, you're not just my hero. You're their hero as well," She says with a gracious tone, hugging him with all her strength. "We owe our lives to you. Especially me." she cradles her soul in his arms.