How did you know???

VIRAT'S P.O.V 

"Bhai...he is here!" .

Anushka on hearing this stood there , very still and after a second or two she grasped the idea.The panic button was not very far for being pressed then. The calm Anushka disappeared and a  frantic one took her place.

Almost screeching  she said"What do we do now? I was here all night .He will not like that.Oh god!!"

"She gets it", i said inwardly and sent  a silent "thankyou so much" prayer heavenwards for this  women.

"Umm..."she continued looking tensed (and hot) as the doorbell continued ringing ,"I'll  go change ,be in the drawing room as if i arrived right now.Just five minutes".

Woa...She is smart.

I stood there desperately trying to not laugh  as she frowned on my snickering arching her eyebrows forming an all-visible "what is so funny".

"You...are so great with escape plans.Where  do you get all these amazing ideas?"I asked  as her a smile broke down on her serious face ."You'll get to know ...very soon "

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

Opening the door with trembling hands I silently prayed that she would have changed by now and be sitting  demurely in the drawing room. 

"Hey.Were  you smoking pot? What took you so much time.Are you ok?Did you wake up late ?"my brother Aakash said( almost shouted) ,shooting questions  one after another  as he guided himself inside the familiar surroundings .

I despite myself smiled.It is always nice to have your family around you.

Meeting my expectations he walked  straight  towards the drawing room and his hasty steps soon jerk-stopped.

Walking close by i knew he saw her.

And soon i did too.Just like i thought she sat there like a real-good-girl  in a demure manner .

And my brother??

His facial expressions were beyond explanations.His twisted smile changed into  genuine one as he stammered(unlike his unusual self)"Woaa....Hi.You should have told me Cheeku.I am disturbing you , I guess."he said looking in my direction with a teasing smile and genuine apology.

She shot right up  and walked towards us(I noticed her suitcase lying near the sofa , which made this a much more plausible lie) ."you are disturbing no one .I just came.Plus he is your brother.Say something idiot."She said first to him and then me while nudging me.

"Hey.Howcome everything is my fault?"I said indignantly  while crossing my arms .

"Shut up now"Aakash told me and turning towards Anushka said"Come , sit.I would love to talk to you.How come this' langoor landed up with such a angoor' is what i wanna know right now."

Soon all had landed around the coffee table with mugs in our hands (the coffee which i claimed to have made for no credit purpose).

For no particular reason he giggled every now and then as he and anushka talked about each other , me and my nickname(which whenever she said  my heart skipped a beat).

We sat there laughing and I was pleasantly surprised to the fact how beautifully we all fit together.Like a family.

Family.

The word echoed in my mind  and my heart craved for something i did not understand then.

But I would...soon.

............................................................................................................................................

My brother while leaving an hour later  (which was so soon that i suspected it was owing to us and the fact he wanted to give us privacy) as he stood near the door  he bent well near my ear   and told me in the most gentle manner ever.

"I know she was here last night. I ......."

"No...."i said with my voice betraying me much sooner than expected.

I was terribly afraid.This was not how i wanted this to be like.This is not how i wanted all of this.....

"Hey .Chill"he told while trying to soothe me,"I am not going to tell anyone.I just wanted to tell YOU something."

"What"i managed to speak.

"You love her.I can see that.Just dont spoil this,This is the best you have ever done to yourself.Dont let her go...ever."he said keeping a serious face" .

Huh.

??????????????????

He walked out towards the elevator of the building and as much as i wanted to ask him a lot about his shocking revelations i just managed a "How did you know?"

He stopped.

Grinning he turned around and said "Oh that.I'm smart.Actually your bed was made.You dont do that.Also she was not wearing any footwear and the biggest one.The coffee."

He turned around knowing very well he got this and disappeared into the elevator leaving my jaw ready to fall down.

"What is it cheeku?"she said when I closed the door and walked in like a man who had the biggest revelation of his life(which i had).

"What is it?"she asked  again in a really elated  manner unaware of  the turmoil surrounding me.

"He likes you."I told her  and  pulled her into my embrace.

"Aww.I did too.He is so nice"she said snuggling  close and then lifting her head up to kiss me like she means it.Like she never has before.

Maybe just to help me realize that what my brother just told me was the truth.

I do love this girl.I am head over heels in love...with her.

Damn.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::