Can't let you go

ANUSHKA'S P.O.V 

I don't know what overcame me , guilt or  my ego , either ways here i was.

Here safely entangled in a pair of strong and muscular arms.

In HIS arms.

I really could not fathom why this man , this man i have barely know for fifteen minutes tops  made me feel guilty and BREAK DOWN .

I was really overcome by something I could not point out at.

"It's ok.", "Fine , just fine. I forgive you. It was a mistake. Not your day right..Hey ", he kept telling me but i could not STOP.

Somehow all the turmoil inside me about what happened today, Ranveer, me being depressed came out.

And as suddenly as it came it went away.

JUST LIKE THAT

I sat up straight and move away from his embrace which was really alien to me.

Then i motioned to the  the director who was really bewildered as to what was happening around her to leave US alone for a few minutes.

I finally turned around to see a handsome face looking at me intently and trying to hide a smile.

He then dropped the sweet smile and smirked at me simultaneously echoing what my mind , MY MIND  said not i minute earlier"Just like that?huh."

Now apparently it was my turn to be shocked .

I somehow stuttered "How did y..."

However I was cut short by his voice"So, what was this all about?"

I was surprised.

He was too straightforward.

I too answered as soon as my insulted senses allowed me.

"I am sorry first of all. It was nothing like me. I was really angry at something when i ran INTO you. But then i hope you agree it was us both at fault.I was really angry at someone . I hope you dont sue me for defamation or something.It just that i am going through a rough patch in my life.I don't know why i do half the stuff all the time.Like i don't know why am i telling YOU all this.You know....."

I was cut short by the sudden observation I made.

He was walking towards me and soon was facing me .

I was short of words and really taken aback .

T hen in the most surprising turn of events  he stooped and pulled me into a hug.

HE HUGGED ME.

WHY??

The answer soon followed.

"Anushka, it is gonna be fine. JUST FINE"

I was really warmed up and amazed at the same time.

That was really sweet of him , i thought.Considering  it came for a person who really needs it and is a complete stranger.

We stood like that for a few soothing seconds when my inner self  made me realize that this was damn awkward for me . NO. IT WAS GOOD . For him?

"Virat , you can let me go ??"

"UMM. Actually I can't let you go."

I stood there freezed .

LITERALLY.

He then slowly stifled out of our embrace  and held me at an arms length.

"Surely I don't want you to remain in a bad mood and then go knock off some another poor guy, LIKE ME"

He said this with such innocence and jest that i could not help but SMILE.

SMILE.

HE MADE ME SMILE.

HEY, BUT IS HE NOT A COMPLETE STRANGER??(apart from the fact that we know each others names and  we hugged right now)