Twenty One

Axel POV

Red hot flames begin caressing any and every object in its way. Its agenda was obvious it wanted to reduce everything to ashes. The flames were thick and violent, if Manny and I don't get out of these restraints would surely eat us alive. Where was Ryker? He was suppose to send bodies to our location, this is why I always do things myself.

"Can you reach the knife?" Manny yelled over the crackling of the fire.

"I think so but we're going to have to do a one eighty so I can use my legs to grab it." i yelled back.

     A loud cough poured out of my body as I fought off the smoke that had invaded my lungs. I'm trying to breath but my lungs refuse to cooperate. Mixed with the crackling of fire, continuous groans slip out of Manny mouth as we reposition ourselves so I could attempt to reach for the disposed knife. After a couple attempts at reaching for the knife I was finally able to grab a hold of the knife. A barking cough erupted from my throat and at the end the cough kind of seemed like a whistling sound were you can't get any air in.

       Waves of heat licked my exposed skin, every breath seems as if it's my last. Blurry images sweep pass my eyes like cars on a highway. A raging headache starts to form as I manage to get the knife into my hands. Every breath I take begins to feel like my last, my grip on the knife starts to slip as I fight off the darkness that wishes to plague my body.

•••

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

     It's too early for me to be dealing with Manny right now. I swear if he's standing over me with a stupid smirk plastered on his face I'm going to kill him. Manny and I seriously need to have a talk about boundaries, who in their right mind tries to wake people up with annoying beeping sounds that sound like hospital machines?

     A small sting of pain treks through my arm causing me to open my eyes and immediately gaze at the spot. From the tip of my elbow to the base of my fingers, a white bandage enclosed the increasingly painful spots. A hiss sucks into my mouth as a white hot pain shoots through my arm. It feels as if someone is branding my arm with a branding iron.

     I'm tempted to scratch the horrid pain away but in the back of my mind I know that will only make matters worst. That bastard Sebastian truly left us in that building so we could become human barbecue. Wait a minute, How did I get out of Sam Boxing club? Instantly my eyes darted around the room in which I was staying in.

      The room is devoid of any color besides white. There is no decoration on the walls or the two end tables on each side of the bed. An IV was plugged into my left arm and the annoying beeping machine was in fact a hospital machine. I was a hundred percent positive I wasn't in a hospital because if Dark Howlers found me they wouldn't take me to a hospital. If an enemy found me I would either be in a ditch somewhere or I would be taped to a chair.

"You're finally awake," A feminine voice replied. Upon forcing myself to sit up I recognized the voice as Kenna. "What were you thinking? Were you trying to kill yourself?"

"I wasn't trying to kill myself," I retorted.

"What were you doing? Manny is still sedated so no one knows what was going on inside the club." She replied as she pulled up a chair.

"I was handling business," I shrugged. A searing hot pain came back with a vengeance  tempting me to scratch my wound. "Why is my arm in a cast?"