"You want the truth," Tasha smiled, looking at Jesse. Before he could even answer, she was pointing at me. "He's the white wolf, always has been. It's funny how you never figure that out in the beginning. Then again, what would you know of how a white wolf would act. That's why I had a song request at the festival to give you a clue."

"It was you!!" I barked, taking a few steps in her direction.

"Guilty," she shrugged, smiling as she tossed her hands up carelessly.

"You..." the anger I had slowly turned into rage. How could she do this to me? We are family, "Why are you doing this?"

"I have plans that are in motion and your part of it," She said, falling backward out of the tree, landing perfectly on her feet. She let out a loud howl. Several people came out from hiding. "Pyro, meet my new family. They are a little rough around the edges, which shows in their gifts."

"All of them are howlers," Aoki whispers as she draws a line made of fire. It soon forms six wolves made of fire. "She wants to kill you."

There was this awkward silence.

"Well, go on, tell him why you bring these howlers all here," Aoki said loud and clear. "Tell him how your jealousy consumes you with hatred. How you envy him because he was born with a white wolf."

"Tasha, as the future alpha-"

"If you still want to have a future, I suggest you shut up," said Tasha, cutting off Jesse. She turned to face both Aoki and me, and then she smiled. "Kill them.... kill them both!"

"I don't think so," I heard Aoki say as she raises her hand. "Child's play..."

Her whisper was carried into the air. Her wolves grew in size as they charged at the howlers. Seconds later, Aoki's protectors burst into rings of pure heat and light. They laid on the ground, motionless.

Aoki grabbed my hand and ran towards Jessie.

"Don't just stand there. Run," Aoki ordered, running past him.

"What was that?"

"It's something that will keep them paralyze for a brief moment," she said, letting go of my hand. "You two go. I'll hold them off. They're after you."

"I don't want you to kill Tasha."

"I won't. Just know Tasha wants to kill you and will do it if she gets the chance. So no holding back." she told me as she ran back in the direction we came. Her body glowed as she leapt into the air and landed in her wolf form.

"Let's go," ordered Jesse, grabbing my arm. "We have to head south. My grandfather will let my father know what is happening."

"NO," yanking my hand back. Jesse looked at me if I was crazy. "I'm not going anywhere with you. Aoki needs my help; she can't face all those howlers alone."

"Fine, go ahead," he said, continuing to walk south. "Your funeral."

"Creep," I mumbled, running after Aoki.

After heading in the direction, I thought Aoki was going, I stopped. I buried my hand into the soft, moist ground. I was able to feel the energy that vibrates within the ground, almost like instant sonar. I was able to tell that howlers were everywhere, more than what was with Tasha. It was hard to pinpoint where Aoki was.

"What do we have here," said someone from behind me. It was some man, at least in his mid-thirties. He glances around as he feels on himself. "I didn't think a male could have a white wolf. Anyway, once I make you mine, we can get out of here before the boss notices."

"You're not claiming me!!"

"You are mine."

"No, he's mine," said a deep animal-like growl. A blur came from out of nowhere and tackled the man down. The human-like beast bit down on the guy's neck, tearing out his jugular with half of his throat. In seconds the creature was looking more human. Stream rouses from his body as he turns back to his normal size. I then realize it was Jessie. He turns and smiles, showing his bloodstain teeth.

"I could have taken him," I told him.

For some reason, there was a strong attraction towards him. It wasn't coming from my wolf, but something else deep within me. The feeling that was running wild through my body was of lust.

"Just for the record," I went on to say, not trying to focus on what I was feeling, "I'm not yours."

"Oh yeah," standing up, moving closer to me. He sniffs the air around me and smiles, "female wolves release a scent when they find a suitable mate."

"Wow, you are cocky."

"Your wolf knows a promising mate when she sees one. I will do all I can to make sure her wish is-"

"Let's get one thing straight," turning to face him.

Before he could notice, vines and roots wrapped around him. I watch as the vines dance around him as they pull him off the ground. The structure that encases him reminded me of a cocoon.

"I have standards, regardless of what my wolf thinks."

"Wait, you can't just leave me here," he said just as I started to walk away. "Get me down!"

"If you're so suitable, get your own self down," I told him.

He just gave me a half-smile as I turned and continued to walk in the way Aoki went.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh