Chapter 16 - Final Exam

Start from the beginning

Leo resumes his running. The sun by now has spread it rays past the mountain and now presents itself to thriving ecology below the mountain range, barely touching the cities wall perimeter. Yoda awakens from his peaceful slumber and walks to the centre of the temple, taking in the Force to make himself more aware and alert.

Time right it is. Yoda thinks to himself, walking outside the temple to find Leo completing a set of laps and is now headed back to the starting point he had made for Leo near the entrance of the landing bay. "Good Morning, Padawan."

"Morning." Leo replies, slightly startled by the acknowledgement from his short green Master. He walks up to Yoda and bows in respect, "What do have in mind for today's training, Master."

Yoda studies Leo, his breathing rapid from intense exercise, sweat pours down his face forcing him to wipe it from his forehead every few seconds at the same time making his clothes become doused with sweat; that he washed in the water around the wall every afternoon.

"Time right it is." Yoda closes his eyes, "Become a knight you will, the Force deemed you ready it has." He opens his eyes refocusing them with deep concentration on Leo's eyes.

Leo smiles, trying to contain the joy within himself, "Thank you, Master." With little succession in keeping himself composed, he does a back flip with excitement.

"Calm yourself Padawan, prove yourself first you must." Yoda reminds. "A test pass you must."

"What is the test? If I may ask?"

"Go to Nal Hutta free the slaves you will. Bring them here you must, live in the city they can." Yoda gestures for him to go into his room and change.

Leo does as his master requests and within mere minutes of him entering the temple he comes out fully dressed in his Mandalorian armour wearing the bracers Riyo gave him. His original lightsabre sits on the left side of his belt with Ahsoka's main sabre on the right and two WESTAR-34 pistols sitting idly ready in their holsters, waiting to be called into action.

"I'm ready, Master." Leo muffles from under his helmet, trembling with excitement and anxiety.

"Be careful control your emotions you must. Cloud the mind they can." Yoda reminds, slowly nodding to Leo with reassurance.

"Yes, Master."

As Leo makes his way into the T-6 Shuttle an ominous voice resinates through his head, 'You're going without saying goodbye.' He turns to see Nelani appears before him. "How forgetful you can be?" She teases.

Leo takes off his helmet and places it inside the Shuttle, then walks over to Nelani. She embraces him squeezing harder than she ever did before.

"Something wrong?" He asks, "Your about to suck the life out of me."

Nelani's expression begins to sadden as a tear sheds down her face as she whispers, "Just be careful, okay. Something bad could happen when you arrive on Nal Hutta."

Leo breaks the hug looking at Nelani with shock in his eyes, "How bad?" he asks firm toned.

Nelani looks to the ground, "I can't tell you anymore than I already have. It could change the possibility of the ideal future." She looks back to him with fear beginning to tremble her body to its core. "I love you." She kisses Leo with a burning passion he could feel through the Force strong and hot enough to melt the sun.

'I love you too.' Leo uses Dorce telepathy to reply, still entangled in Nelani's kiss.

Coruscant, Senate Office Building