late night dorm visits

Credit: huzzayn

Liam: The knock on your door ripped your gaze away from your beaten and highlighted textbook, your eyes snapping to the door and your hand stilling above the book. “[Y/N]?” His voice was muffled, pillowy sounding from behind the heavy door and thin walls, but you’d recognize it anywhere. You sprang from your chair, almost falling to the ground in the process, before you tore open the door. “Liam,” you squealed, voice muffled in his chest as you pressed yourself against him. His hands found your waist, pulling you in tighter. “Hi, sweetheart. I brought you snacks,” he chuckled picking up the Target bag that he had set at his feet. You giggled and pulled him into your room, which was oddly and fortunately empty save the two of you, and spent the night eating jelly beans and gummy worms with Liam, forgetting the biology test you had in the morning. Right now, boyfriend-time was more important.

Zayn: “I can’t sleep,” you mumbled over the line, vaulting your body onto the other side once more, wincing as your roommate gave a particularly loud wheeze of awareness. “Just relax, baby,” Zayn murmured. You could hear the jangling of keys in the background, and smiled. “Hold on for ten minutes, okay?” You yawned and turned again, gentler this time. “Okay.” The next ten minutes were decidedly grueling - but you made it through, and Zayn’s quiet knock on the door had you stumbling to the bolted entrance. You let the door swing open, Zayn following its inward swing, sweeping into the room and gathering you in his arms. He fumbled  with his steps, pushing you back towards your bed. Your knees hit the frame. “Watch your head,” he murmured, causing you to duck under the top bunk. The both of you fell onto the marginally comfortable mattress, and wrapped in your lover’s arms, sleep came quickly.

Louis: You cursed to yourself as you plowed through your suitcase, sighing and sitting back once you reached the canvas bottom of the bag. Letting out a puff of air, you pulled out your cellphone from your pocket, dialing Louis’ number without looking. “Hello, hello,” he chirped, causing you to smile despite your less-than-perfect situation. “Hi, Lou,” you mumbled back. You heard the radio in the background and the whistle of wind as it flew in the windows of Louis’ Porsche. “Where are you?” you questioned wearily. “About three minutes away from you. Why?” he asked nonchalantly, ignoring your gasp of his name. “I forgot my-” “Pajamas? I know. I have them. Why don’t you pick up everything you’ve thrown around your room,” he chuckled. You looked around  - yeah, you kind of made a mess of the place. “and I’ll see you in three.” He hung up and you busied yourself with shoving all of your clothing back into the duffel, skipping to the door when Louis knocked. He walked right in as you opened it, grabbing your hand as he passed. “These are for you,” he smiled, extending a pair of penguin-spotted pajamas in your direction. You giggled, realizing that he was wearing the same ones.

Niall: A knock on your door stole you away from the novel you were engrossed in. Sighing, you opened the door, only to find that no one was there. Furrowing your brow, you looked down the hallway, eyes stilling as they swept across a golden-brown teddy bear. Your name was sewn across it. Giggling, you stepped outside of the door, moving to pick up the bear. You squealed as someone’s hands landed on your hips, and laughing more, you turned to see a smiling Niall behind you, hands casually resting on your sweatpants-clad hips. “Hi, angel,” he grinned, kissing your nose. “I missed you,” he whispered, burying his head in your neck as he hugged you. Smiling softly, you carded your fingers through his hair, breathing in deeply. “I missed you, too.”

 Harry: A disheveled Harry knocked on your door, eyes dark and lips obscenely red from his worrying teeth. “Hi,” he said, voice low and gravely. You smiled deeply, letting him into your room. “What a surprise,” you said lowly, laying your hands on his chest. “What brings you to my room, Harry Styles? It’s an awfully long drive just for-” He cut you off with a kiss, smiling against your lips. “It’s not just that,” he mumbled, reluctant to lift his lips off yours. “I missed everything about you - the way you smell, the way you always have your hair laying over one shoulder, the way you bite your lip when you’re worried, the way you feel in my arms at night, the way we make lo-” You pressed your lips firmly to his, grabbing his hand as you pulled away, tugging him to your bed with a smile.