He calms you down after a fight with a friend

Harry: Neither of you say a word as you cry. Letting your tears of both anger and hurt streaming down your cheeks to the cotton of his shirt. He feels you start to shake, your anger building once again as you think of the betrayal you feel. He does nothing, a simple stroking of your hair and his arms wrapped around you enough to keep you calm.

Louis: He knows the only way to get you calm is to let you release all your anger. He leaves you with a pen and a notebook, letting you write down all your feelings about the fight and your friend, venting on the sheets until your hand is sore from writing so much. When you’re done he takes you out on the balcony, watching as you rip the papers to shreds, tossing them into the wind. When you look over at him, he’s smirking, satisfied with his fix. “No worries.” He looks out as all of yours fly away.

Niall: You need something to take your mind off of things. Whether it’s cooking, shopping, or a simple movie Niall would do anything to take your mind away from your problems if just to keep you calm for a moment. After a fight with your friend he takes you out for some retail therapy, buying you whatever you want, keeping you company in the absence of your former friend, making you realize that no matter who you lose you’ll always have him.

Liam: Even though he seems just as mad as you about the fight you and you friend had he still tries his best to keep you calm. He seems to be gripping onto you tight enough so that it’s holding both of you together, keeping your anger in. “She’s not worth your time.” He repeats over and over until you believe it, leaving you for a moment to take out his own anger, the role reversed as you have to calm him.

Zayn: All he does is listen as you go on and on about how terrible you feel after a fight, how hurt you are, and how much you now despise your friend. He listens for a while until you begin to repeat yourself, feeling sorry for yourself, unable to understand the reason why your friend doesn’t like you. You feel nearly offended as he shushes you until he speaks, knowing exactly how to take your mind off your rage. “Shut up and kiss me.”