Going To The VMAS

Credit: weyheypreferences

Liam:
You’ve been to enough events of Liam’s to know how it works and not be nervous. After being together for two years you’ve grown accustomed to the ear piercing screams and bright blinding flashing lights. The VMAs was a big event for the boys and you were ecstatic to share the experience with them. Just as you were about to part with Liam to let him get to the interviewers, he grabbed you hand and directed you to go with him. “Li, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” He looked upset, “C’mon Y/N, it’ll be fine. You could be the sixth member of One Direction for one night”, you couldn’t resist his smile. “Ok fine, I’ll take pictures but I’m not saying a word, I would most likely say something stupid.” He kissed your cheek softly, “Impossible”. He led you down the red carpet excited as ever, like he was a little kid showing everyone his favorite, shiny beloved toy.

Niall:
You were so excited to be going to this years VMAs with Niall, especially because it was in your neck of the woods, New York. You had the most beautiful dress picked out and flawless hair and makeup done by the one and only Lou Teasdale. Once you and Niall arrived on the red carpet cameras flashed and screams erupted. The two of you approached the first interviewer. “Niall, Y/N, you both look absolutely ravishing tonight” “Thank you very much”, Niall said in his thick Irish accent. “Y/N you look beautiful, who are you wearing tonight?” You blushed because it wasn’t often you got compliments from the media, especially the fans, “Thank you, I’m wearing Elie Saab and the shoes are Jimmy Choo”, you said proudly since your main concern was to remember that, knowing that you’d easily forget it and practiced it on the drive in. She asked Niall a few more questions and let us go, “Well you two have a great night and good luck Niall!” That went extremely better than you thought, and with that you two entered the Barclays Center and found your way to your seat, ready for the show to start.

Louis:
The category of ‘Best Summer Song’ had finally arrived, and you just had a gut feeling that the boys were going to take it home. You patiently waited as the boys from Vampire Weekend opened the tiny envelope, the anticipation was killing you. “And the award for best summer song goes to…..One Direction, Best Song Ever!” The stadium erupted in what sounded like massive screams. You got up and went over to Louis and gave him a well deserved kiss on the lips, “I knew it, congratulations”, you smiled emotionally. “Thank you babe.” You went over to hug each of the boys as they walked past you, going up to get their award. You were practically I tears as they were giving their speech until you heard the faint sound of booing. You looked all over in confusion from where it was coming from and then you found it. It was coming from none other than the area where Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus were seated, the fans chiming in and mimicking them. You looked over and gave a dirty look to the both of them and soon enough Lady Gaga was coming towards you. “This isn’t right, I’m going to speak to the boys.” You gave her a nod. You felt terrible and followed her backstage still eyeing down the culprits of the booing. When you finally got back stage you got to Lou. ” That was terrible, you know you boys deserve this more than anyone.” Lou kissed you softly on the lips as a thank you for the kind words. “Thank you babe, but whatever, fuck it. We can’t listen to the negativity.” You smiled because of how much you admired his strength, and the fact that he didn’t let not one thing get to him.

Zayn: 
“Ready Y/N?” Zayn asked you, you smiled nervously and nodded. Red carpets always scared you, especially one such as this. You were Zayn’s date for the VMAs and of course you were going to walk down the red carpet with him. Your motto for the night was ‘Smile, and don’t trip.’ The limo pulled up right in front of the carpet and before you realized it, Zayn was helping you out and leading you towards the carpet. You held his hand tightly while he rubbed circles in your palm, calming you. So far so good, the paps were being polite for once and you were getting accustomed to flashing lights and screams of fans. After what seemed like forever, you both were making your way out of the carpet and into the Barclays center ready for the show to start. “You did amazing out there, babe.” Zayn said while kissing you softly. “I’m more surprised I didn’t fall on my butt while wearing these heels, remind me to never ask Louis which shoes I should wear…” You said while laughing softly. “You wanted a second opinion, but I told you so.” He said chuckling remembering how you asked the boys which shoes to wear at least twice. “Oh hush now, the shows about to start.”

Harry:
Tonight was the night. You were going to your first award show since you started dating Harry, and to say you we’re a bit nervous was an understatement. Luckily Lou did a fabulous job on helping you get ready and so far Harry couldn’t stop telling you how beautiful you looked. You and the lads headed towards your assigned seats and soon enough the show started. After a few performances, the female video of the year was about to be announced, and of course Taylor Swift won. You felt Harry tense beside you and you silently took his hand in yours, both preparing for whatever the she-devil had to say as her acceptance speech. You knew it would be anything but good since she has done nothing but shot glares towards the two of you. “…I also wanna thank the person who inspired this song, who knows exactly who he is, because now I got one of these.” And there it was. You both were completely stunned while she got off the stage smirking at Harry’s direction. “That bitch…” You hissed, you felt Harry draped his arm around you. “Because the English accent at the Grammys wasn’t enough.” He said shaking his head, “Well at least I know I made the right choice and I’m now with someone who’s a hundred times better.” “That doesn’t mean I want to punch her any less, Harry.” You said a smile spreading through your lips. “Y/N, have I ever told you how incredibly hot you are when you’re mad?” He said, smirking. “Nice try Styles, now stop before the camera man notices it.” You said laughing.