Forty-Seven: Texting on Stage

Start from the beginning

Me: do you not agree??

Me: babe:(

Me: ok goodnight then i love you xx

Thursday, June 30, 2016
6:25 PM

Me: ok so it's like 8:30 am and ik you're probably still sleeping (you sleep in really late ya know) but i just wanted to say that i'm going on stage in 5 minutes so i wish me luck xx

"Ready, boys?" Michael asks as I shove my phone in my pocket.

"Let's do this!" I shout excitedly as I twirl my drumstick between my fingers.

[Rebecca]

I wake up to the sun shining brightly through my blinds and I smile to myself.

For once, I finally woke up on my own. No alarm, no screaming parents, and no nightmares. I finally slept peacefully.

That is, except for Ashton texting me at 2 o'clock in the morning. Which reminds me, I never replied, I must have fallen asleep.

I pick up my phone from the corner table and unlock it, holding my phone on the home button, using my finger print.

Ashyyy: wait what

Ashyyy: do you not agree??

Ashyyy: babe:(

Ashyyy: ok goodnight then i love you xx

Friday, July 1, 2016
8:25 AM

Ashyyy: ok so it's like 8:30 am in australia and ik you're probably still sleeping (you sleep in really late ya know) but i just wanted to say that i'm going on stage in 5 minutes so i wish me luck xx

I smile to myself as I read the text. I look at the current time— 9:57 AM.

Wow, I really do sleep late. It should be about 8 PM in Connecticut, so he probably won't get my text right now, but I decide to reply anyways.

Me: i'm just kidding❤️ don't worry, i've only got eyes for you, babe😘

I lock my phone and slide it into the pocket of my sweatpants and I head to the kitchen to make breakfast.

[Ashton]

We finish playing Jet Black Heart and I glance down and see my phone screen lit in my pocket as Michael and Calum talk back and forth. I pull it out and see a new text from Bec. I smile to myself and open it as I wipe sweat off of my forehead with the back of my hand.

Bec❤️: i'm just kidding❤️ don't worry, i've only got eyes for you, babe😘

I smile to myself and type a quick reply.

Me: aww princess i love yooouuu ❤️

Bec❤️: are you texting on stage?? you naughty boy

Me: we are in between songs haha. we just played JBH

Bec❤️: omg i love that one !!

Before I can reply, Michael catches my attention by calling my name. My head snaps up and I see all of the boys looking in my direction.

"Are you texting or is your crotch just that interesting?" He says, causing laughter and screams to fill the arena. I feel my face heat up.

"Wha– I–"

"Ooh, Ashton," Calum says in a high pitched voice, "I love you so much," he presses his hands against his cheeks and makes a kissing face at me, once again causing screams to flood the arena. I hear some girls in the pit chanting 'Cashton! Cashton!'.

"Ooh, Rebecca, I love you, more, sugar cube," Luke mocks me.

"Okay, I don't call her that," I point at Luke, trying to keep a straight face, but failing.

"Let's ask her," Michael says, pulling out his phone. He types on it for a moment before looking back up.

"You do have some weird pet names for her, though," Calum comments.

"All I call her is babe, princess, and love!" I chuckle, raising my hands questioningly. The crowd is filled with 'aww's and a few screams.

"You called her munchkin the other day," Luke says.

"Okay, that was one time!"

The crowd laughs.

"Rebecca says, and I quote, 'What the heck. What kind of nickname is sugar cube?'," Michael says, looking down at his phone and laughing. He looks back up when he finishes reading it.

"Told you!" I laugh. "Now let's play another song!"

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

okay just a lame filler chapter lol.

Let me know what y'all think ❤️

~Hannah🎶