Chapter 4- When two forces collide

Start from the beginning

"Is that another new guy?"

"He's so hot!"

"How does she know all the hot new guys before us?"

"Slut?"

"No! She's a geek, never!"

"But a hot geek. Look at her!"

"Ugh, ew."

"I wish I was her."

All the comments were getting ridiculous, that by lunch I had my music up in full blast, and avoided any possible eye contact with any enemies. Which was about every girl around. The boys were actually trying to walk beside me, and some even asked for my number. Who knew a few new clothes could change my social life from geek to queen. Well, almost. Since according to Noah, I was jelouse of her good qualities. Oh, and speaking of the devil.

"Janelle!" One of my friends named Vera, came running up behind me.

"Yes?" I stopped and turned around.

Vera was running up the hallway and once she caught up to me, took huge breaths in and out. "Noah." She panted. "He's... looking.... for... you."

Oh, great. Just what I needed.

"Where is he?"

"Cafeteria." She rested her hands on her knees and kept inhailing and exhailing from her run.

"Good." I kept on walking.

"Janelle, the cafeteria is the other way." Vera spoke after me.

"Oh, I know that." I said, and sharply took a left on a corner.

Who was he to order Vera to come and get me, and think that I, like a little obedient puppy, will follow what he says? He was a messed up boy.

I found Bradly sitting outside by the school's pool. I sat next to him on the bench, and couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" Bradly poked my side, making me twitch.

"Hey! Don't do that!" I laughed even more.

"Haha, well, tell me what's so funny."

I stopped to look into his green emerald shinning eyes. His hair waved down perfectly above his head, and his skin was as tan as creamy chocolate ice cream. He was hot, I couldn't even lie to myself about that. How did a non-popular girl like me get two amazing hot best friends? I have no idea. But I was lucky to have them, or for right now, it was good to have Bradly.

"I just find it funny, that I never imagined having lunch with you here. On this very spot."

"What's so special about this spot?" He introduced me his crocked smile, and my heart jumped a little in my chest.

"You're joking. You don't remember this spot?" I half smiled.

"I have a horrible memory, Janelle." He teased himself.

"Hah! Well alright. This was the place where we would wait for your dad to finish coaching the diving team, remember? And we always sat here and played games. We played tons of games, we even made up like half of them."

He seemed to remember now. "That's right! We would run around that huge tree. Didn't we climb it once?"

"Five times." I laughed.

"Wow!" He chuckled. "That's right! Remember when you almost feel and I saved you by pulling you back by your pony tail?"

"Don't laugh! That hurt!" I slapped him across the head.

"Then why are you laughing? Huh?"

"Because I was remembering the time you actually feel, and we both tought you broke your arm, but really it wasn't?!" I laughed even harder.

"That's not funny, it hurt." He was trying to keep a staight face.

"Now you know how I feel!"

"Whatever!" He said and shoved me with his shoulder.

I shoved him back playfully, and he flicked me on my cheeck. Receiving a poke on the stomach after that. Before I knew it, we were having a poke war, and we couldn't hold in our laughter.

"Who's your friend Janelle?" I recognized that voice from anywhere, even with my eyes closed. I was hoping this wouldn't happen, that he'd be too busy with Hailey and not bother come look for me.

Our poking war stopped, and I fixed myself as I shuffled on the bench. My eyes met his. Electric currents ran up and down my spine. I didn't know if I was ready to face him with the truth.

"What do you want Noah?" I snapped at him, ignoring his question.

"I asked you a question first."

"Well I asked you second." Two can play this game, buddy.

Noah's temper was rising, I could feel the tension starting to rise, and his face didn't leave me with any doubt.

"Why didn't you pick up your phone?" He snapped in a mad tone.

"I was busy." I snapped back at him with the same determined voice.

"We had a deal."

"What deal?"

"Lunch at Sushi Zushi."

"I thought me slapping you was me canceling lunch."

We stared down at each other. Neither one of us blinking. I could see people from the corner of my eye passing by, and stopping to see what was going to happen. I could feel Bradly moving uncomfortably right next to me.

"Im sorry," Bradly spoke up after a few seconds. "Am I missing something?"

"Who are you?" Noah snapped at Bradly.

My heart skipped slow, I felt my heart thump hard against my chest. If he said he was my best friend, I didn't know how Noah would react to that. The truth maybe was about to come out and set itself out onto the table, and I would have to carefully pick a card to win Noah back. I was waiting for it to come out of Bradly's mouth. It was just a matter of seconds.

"Im Bradly." Oh no. Here it comes. Noah, how I wish and pray you will understand me. "Bradly Johnson. And im Janellle's," Great, just great. Bradly was going to say it. There was no way of stopping it. My friendship with Noah was going to be over. And maybe Bradly will get mad at me that I replaced him. Gosh. This is such a mess. Please don't, please Bradly, no!! "And im Janelle's boyfriend."

"WHAT?!" Noah exclaimed and his face turned from angry to furious. He went from tan to extremely red. And his hands went from straight, into tight fists.

I was too shocked to say anything. I was glad that Bradly didn't say that he was my best friend, but boyfriend? Really?!

"Since when?!" He yelled, I jumped up.

"Why do you care?" Bradly snapped at him and stood up right on his face. Noah hated when guys did this.

"Bradly, sit back down." I warned.

"Come on, what? She's my girlfriend, what's it to ya?" He spit right on Noah's eye, and I could see Noah in slow motion bring his fist up from his side.

Shit was about to get real.

"Noah, don't!" I yelled, but it was too late. Bradly was already on the floor, and Noah was smiling in a triumpht smile.

This was definitely not the way I wanted my two best friends to meet. Not at all.