Not Alone

*A few months later*

AJ's POV

It's been a few months and I have gotten back into suitable shape to return to work. Chris is still out because of his bullet wound, I'm just a bit worried about how he's going to take care of both babies. I was getting my things ready to catch a flight later tonight so I can make my big return.

I'm a bit scared, because I've never actually went to work with Chris not being there, or at least when we were together and with children. I finish packing all my things and carry my luggage downstairs, seeing Chris waiting for me in the living room with our babies.

"Okay, I'm ready." I say placing my bag down, going up to him and sit on his lap. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a hug and resting his head in my neck. I soon hear Chris sniffling and I look and it looks like he's crying. "Chris, are you okay?" I ask making him face me and place a hand on his cheek.

"Y-yeah.. I'm fine.." Chris clears his throat. "What's wrong, baby?" I ask, running a hand though his hair. "I just.. don't want to let you out of my sight. I'm scared that something might happen to you, and I don't want to lose you." He sniffles.

"Chris, I'll be just fine, and I'm a bit scared too. It's going to be my first day back at work, I don't know what's changed or what. But with your love in my heart, I know I can get through it." I say wiping his tears off with my thumbs, placing a kiss on his cheek, before resting my head on his shoulder.

Chris slips his arms under my shirt and hugs me. "I love you, AJ." Chris says rubbing his thumb on my stomach over the scar that's marked from when I got stabbed. "I love you, too." I say kissing his cheek once more. "We should get going to the airport." Chris says. "Yeah, let's go." I say getting off Chris.

Chris drives me to the airport and I think he's gotten over what he was feeling before we left, but now I'm feeling all down. Chris pulls up to the drop off of the airport, which was surprisingly not packed. "Well here we are." Chris says looking over at me.

"Yeah.." I kind of sigh, looking out the window like I've been since we left the house. "You alright?" I ask placing my hand on his thigh. "Y-yeah, just gonna miss you and the babies ya know?" I say blinking my eyes rapidly to keep tears from falling out my eyes.

"You sure?" He asks. "Yeah.." I swallow hard, feeling that lump in my throat from me trying not to cry. "Alright.. Well I guess I'll see you soon?" Chris says. "Yeah... soon.." I say and tears stream down my cheeks, taking a deep breath in and out. "I'm going to miss you too." Chris says.

I turn and based on the sympathetic look he had, I realized he knew that I wasn't alright. He places a hand on my cheek and wipes the tears off, before placing a kiss on my lips. Chris then reaches behind him in the second row where the babies were sitting, and pulls out my favorite hoodie that he owns.

He wraps the hoodie around me smiling, and kisses my cheek. "Just to have a small piece of me with you." He says. I smile lightly, wiping off my tears, and exiting the car. I go to the second row where the babies are and place a kiss on each of their heads, before going to the trunk getting my luggage.

I close the trunk and enter the airport, going through security and all that stuff you do before waiting at the gate. I sigh before I hear my phone buzzing; I pull out my phone I see I got four messages from Chris.

"Have a safe flight! 😘"
"Be safe! 😊"
"I'll see you before you know it! 💞"
"Love you! 💓 x10000000000000000

I chuckle to myself before replying to him.

"Thanks baby, I'll call you when the plane lands 💕"