Softhearted Sadness

AJ's POV

It's only been a few weeks since I found out I was pregnant, and I was already having major morning sickness. I would at least throw up more than five times a day.

I was lying down in bed holding my stomach, not daring to even try and get some sleep without having to throw up again.

I hear the front door open and Chris calling out my name. "AJ?" "In the room." I groan out. I hear Chris' footsteps coming upstairs.

"You alright?" Chris asks as he enters the room. "Yeah, just throwing up a lot, can't really sleep." I yawn, turning over on my side having my back face Chris.

"I don't know how much I can take. I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't have tried again.." I say almost in tears.

"Hey, hey, hey." Chris says softly and gets in bed wrapping his arms around my chest. "I know it's tough, but it'll all be worth it when you give birth to the most beautiful child ever."

"I just want the throwing up to end already, I hate that feeling." I groan. "Just know," he says and places a hand on my stomach, "that I'll always be here to make you feel better." He kisses the back of my head.

I smile and turn on my other side and come face to face with Chris. He smiles and caresses my cheek before kissing me on my lips for a few seconds.

"Hey, um I need to tell you something." Chris says. "Okay." I say a little worried. "Don't worry, it's nothing bad, I just wanted to tell you that Fozzy wants to meet up tonight at midnight." He says.

"Oh okay." I say out of relief. "That's fine." I say running a hand through his hair. "You'll be okay on your own?" He asks. "Yes, I will, don't worry." I say reassuringly.

Time skip to after midnight

Chris already left to meet up with his band, and I was watching TV in my room until I heard a noise. I sit up and hear an even louder noise; it sounded like someone was trying to open a door.

I thought it was nothing until I heard glass breaking. I panic as I turn off the TV and grab my phone. I quickly called Chris and waited for him to answer, but he didn't.

My heart starts beating faster as I make my way out of my room. I place my phone in my back pocket and started heading to the stairs.

I go to the front door and see it's still locked, but when I turn I see one of the windows to the front yard was broken. I tip toe to the kitchen and see a person in all black with a ski mask in there.

His back was facing me, so I went to grab a knife for defense. As I was about to grab the knife my phone vibrates. I ran to a hiding place so I can silence my phone before the person finds me.

I check my phone and see it's Chris. I answer the phone and put it to my ear. "AJ, I got a missed call from you is everything alright?" He asks. I was about to answer, but I heard footsteps in the hallway.

"AJ??" Chris asks. "C-Chris.." I barley whisper. "What's wrong?" He asks really worried. "T-there's-" I started to say but I stopped due to hearing footsteps entering the room I was hiding in.

"A-" Chris was about to say again, but I hung up so the burglar wouldn't hear. I hear the footsteps stop, so I peek my head out of my hiding spot, and slowly walk out of it.

I look around seeing nothing at first, but when I turn around I see a guy who's about twice my size in front of me wearing all black. He tackles me to the ground and tries to rip my pants off me.

I fight back as much as I could and I end up kicking him right in the nose, probably breaking it because it started bleeding like crazy and blood started falling on me. I quickly stand up and grab my phone.