Miracles Are Real

AJ's POV

I woke up in bed without having anymore nightmares. I'm so relieved, I think it's a sign that things will turn to the brighter side of mine and Chris' lives.

I move a bit but not as much due to Chris' protective grip on me. I move into a more comfortable position before feeling a kiss being placed on my head. I look up at Chris and see he's awake.

"Did I wake you?" I ask. "No, you're fine." Chris says placing a hand gently on my stomach over my stitched up wound. My face kind of drops, because it just reminds me of our second baby we lost.

I went to sigh but I heard Chris gasp happily. "Babe, I-I felt a kick!" He says laughing a bit. "A kick? What are you talking about?" I ask and Chris grabs my hand placing it on my stomach.

After a few minutes of feeling nothing, I felt a tiny kick against my hand. I gasp and look at Chris. "We need to go to the doctor!" I say and we both quickly put some sweats and a shirt along with shoes before rushing to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital, we told the doctor everything and he agreed to have a quick ultrasound when he's available, which was about fifteen minutes.

The doctor calls my name and Chris and I went to the room he led us to. I quickly lie down on the bed and the doctor begins to put that jelly stuff on me. Soon after, he does the ultrasound and searches for a heartbeat.

After five minutes of nothing, Chris and I sighed of disappointment we thought we still had a small chance since my procedure to take out the fetus wasn't until next week. "Wait, wait! I got something!" The doctor exclaims.

Chris and I quickly look at each other before listening closely and hear a small heartbeat coming from my stomach. "The baby, it survived." I say smiling. "But, how?" Chris asks in shock.

"I had no idea, but the two of you are very lucky, congratulations." The doctor smiles before leaving the room to do something, I'm assuming. Chris smiles and pulls me into a tight embrace.

I cry into his shoulder as he holds me close. "Our baby is alive!" I cry. "I know, baby. I know." He says and my smile to grows. I pull back from the hug and he pulls me into a kiss.

I kiss back with more tears falling down my face. He wipes my tears off and we sign out of the hospital. We get to the car and the ride home was silent, but Chris and I were smiling the whole time, which makes me happy.

Chris' POV

We get back home, and the minute we step inside AJ jumps into my arms and hugs me tightly while laughing a bit. I almost drop him due to it being unexpected, but I managed to keep him steady in my arms.

"I'm pregnant." He chuckles and I felt something wet drip down my shirt, must be more tears. "I know baby, I'm so happy!" I say spinning him around, hearing his cute little giggles coming out him.

I place him back on his feet and I kneel down to his stomach. I lift up his shirt and place tiny kisses on his stomach. I even place a few over his stitched up wound before putting his shirt over his stomach.

I get back to my feet and wipe off the tears from his face and he closes his eyes as I place a kiss on his forehead. His smile grows as he opens his eyes and I place a few hairs behind his ear.

"I love you." I say. "Love you too." He says and his cheeks turn a bit pink. "Can you carry me upstairs?" He asks. "Of course, baby." I say, scooping up in my arms taking him up stairs.

AJ wraps his arms around my neck and buries his face in my shoulder. I get to our room and place him on the bed. I then get on the bed, and hover over his body.

He blushes a bit and I gently lay on top of him. I wrap my arms around his torso and rest my head on his chest. I look up and see AJ looking like he's in pain.

"You alright?" I ask getting off him. "I'm fine, just a bit nauseous." He says and pushes me off him before rushing to the bathroom and starts throwing up. I quickly went by his side and rubbed his back.

He finishes throwing up and I flush the toilet for him and help him get cleaned up. He goes back to the bedroom after he brushes his teeth and groans as he lays back down.

"I know, you don't like the throwing up, but I promise you'll get through it." I say rubbing his stomach. "It's not that, my stomach is cramping up." He kind of cries. "Oh.." I say in pity.

"Wait hold on." I say before walking into the bathroom and coming back with a heating pad. "What's that?" He asks. "A heating pad. It was my ex girlfriend's, but since she left it and never came back for it, I kept it." I say walking over to AJ.

I place the heating pad on his stomach and turn it on. I pressed my hand on his stomach so AJ won't have to, and soon the heating pad gets hot. I hear AJ moan of relaxation, I'm assuming that means his cramps are soothing up.

After about ten minutes I went to ask AJ if he was good, but he fell asleep. I don't blame him today was a hell of a day. I unplug the heating pad and put it back in the bathroom before getting in bed with AJ.

I wrap my arms around his stomach and place my head over AJ's shoulder giving it a quick kiss before just resting my head on it. I hold AJ close as I rub his stomach, which will soon start growing as the months pass by.

I wonder what will be the gender of our baby, I wonder who it will look most like.. All this wondering made me fall asleep and dream about it.