Chapter 1: Back to School

Lucy's P.O.V.

Waking up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock, reminding myself that I need to go to school once again. Semester break is already over, as sad as it is. I like learning and all, I just don't like the people there, except my friends, of course.

Plus, if I don't get up anytime soon I might be late. I have a reputation to maintain,  I'm a straight-A student.

Hearing a knock on my door, "Hime, time to get up  get ready for school. Also, breakfast is ready."

"I'm up, thank you."

I know that voice from anywhere, it's none other than my personal-slash-favourite pink-haired maid, Virgo.  Answering with an 'okay', getting from my extremely comfortable bed and made my way to the bathroom and shower for about ten minutes, including brushing my teeth and skincare and get my look together.

What I mean by that is my so-called 'nerd look' . My glasses, neat tight bun which at least needs seven hairpins  and my oversized proper uniform, every single button done and my skirt that ends just below my knee, maybe longer.

Making my way downstairs to find my mother and father drinking their coffee smiling at me greeting 'good mornings' that I happily return, I should stay positive since I'll be seeing my friends again. " Darling why are you still sticking to that look, why hide your beauty?" my father questions me, he asks this question enough to last a lifetime. So I reply with the exact same thing I say every time, "You know my reason, father." That being said I ate my breakfast and kiss my parents goodbye.

Walking to school which is a twenty-nine minute walk, that I count as exercise, cause it is. Approaching the school's main hall I see my best friend Levy greeting me from afar.

"Right here, Lu-chan." I nod letting her know I noticed her.

Going through the halls of school I hear nasty comments that don't affect me, they think they do but ain't nobody got time for that. They might think it, does but too bad too sad it doesn't.

"Seriously her again."

Seriously, her again?

"I know right like everyone knows she's ugly as fuck."

You're one to talk. Kidding.

"Why can't she just go to her poor ass home where she belongs."

Why don't you just go to a strip club? You're already dressed for it. Joking.

"I don't even think she has one."

They all erupted in laughter, but I seriously can't be bothered. I continue walking to Levy, my all-time best friend. She's just like me, a bookworm,  I don't have a problem with it in fact I love being one. "Good morning, Levy-chan." I say smiling.

"Shall we go to class?" She asks since the bell's about to ring, there's not much time for chit chat. "Sure, let's go."

As we head to class we heard talk about having transfer students from Phantom Academy. "Don't worry Lu, I'm sure they won't be like them." she reassures me.

"It's fine Lev, it doesn't bother me anyway." I tell her, she doesn't have to worry. She knows they don't bother me but she is always still concerned, aww.

We enter our class and headed for our seats, near the window. Suddenly we see a new girl enter, she has blue hair like Levy, but longer and lighter, curled at the bottom, kinda wavy. She looks so shy and timid. I decided to approach her,  usually, I avoid socialising and talking to people, but my instinct says we can be good friends.