The Final Twenty-Four | 16

Start from the beginning

I shook my head.

"Okay," he laughed "I'm just going to pretend that you're telling the truth because I know you're shitting your pants and I can't blame you."

"Fuck you," I spat with an evil glare. I know I probably just fucked myself up but oh well.

"Oh the whole world has already done that. Well fuck you that is," the one I'm sure I've seen before chuckled.

I'm sitting here staring at him, I know I'm not going crazy. I've seen this guy before but right now, I just can't put my finger on it.

"Why are you here? How do you know where I live? What do you want?"

The leader clocked his gun. Yeah these guys are definitely strapped and I have every right to defend myself in my own house. But I'm so scared that they'll pull the trigger and honestly it's not worth it.

So, I'm trying not to piss them off.

"We're doing this mafia style. See when the mafia can't get to the person they need to speak with, they go after people they're close with. You know such as their family and close friends."

He pulled out a cigar and lit it, before placing it in his mouth.

"Oh I'm sorry," he laughed "may I?"

"What do you want," I muttered. You can see the fear and anger in my eyes. What the hell did I engulf myself into.

"I know someone that owes a big time drug dealer a lot of money."

He licked his lips before taking another hit.

"Okay so what does that have to do with me?"

"His name is Scooter and he's going to remain anonymous for many reasons. You work for KTLA News and we know that you're a big ass snitch. Hell you ratted Eazy out to LAPD."

"No I did not!" I yelled.

One of the guys who I've never seen before clocked his gun and aimed it at my head so I decided to tone it down.

"Oh you didn't huh? You didn't rat him out?"

"Of course I didn't. Eric is not that damn important for me to just go out of my way and turn him in. He and his little crew were going to get busted sooner or later."

The guy who looks so damn familiar continued to stare at me with sympathy in his eyes, as if he's guilty of something. But it looks more like he feels sorry for me and is on my side.

"Eazy is Scooter's homeboy, even if they did have a fallout years ago. And Scooter told us that E would help him come up with the money."

"So what does all this have to do with me?"

"You fucking him?"

"No. We're just friends, that's it."

"Okay well since you two are just friends...tell him to help Scooter come up with that money."

I scoffed. "Why does Eric have to be responsible for someone else's debt? That's not fair to him. Scooter borrowed that money for whatever reason which makes it his responsibility to pay it all back."