Chapter Fourteen.

Start from the beginning

My stomach dropped again until I was on the verge of throwing up. My head went sluggish and I swayed on the bed, my head suddenly dizzy. This couldn’t be happening. “Oh, my God.” I whimpered and dropped my head to my hands. I peaked at Elijah through my fingers. His mystic eyes were piercing right at me. “Elijah, did we..?” I asked, letting my voice trail off, not even having the stomach to finish the question.

Elijah ran a hand through his hair, rubbing it over the back of his neck. He didn’t answer me, instead just stared. His eyes were glazed and they trailed slowly over my body, until I realized the sheet had slipped down, giving him a nice, clear view of my bare breasts.

Screaming again, I quickly thrashed the sheet against me. My skin flushed from my face all the way down to my chest. I think it’s safe to say I look like an overripe tomato. “Elijah, did we?” I repeated my words harsher now as my eyes slid into slits.

Elijah once again ignored my question. His thumb sneaked out and brushed against my collarbone. “I think I did that.” He said, and then moved his thumb above the flush of my breasts. My skin seared in heat and my heart pounded uncomfortably against my ribs. My heart couldn’t take this. “And that.” He finished.

Okay, what was he talking about? My eyebrows came down and I dropped my eyes to where his thumb was. He dropped it away and my eyes zeroed in on a big, purple hickey. There was one over my breast and another on my collarbone. Looking toward Elijah, he seemed kind of proud of himself. His eyebrows were arched impressively and he wore a stupid, ignorant smirk. How could he be so calm about this?

I screamed again.

His hand lashed out and slammed against my mouth. “Stop screaming,” He whispered low, cutting his eyes to the closed door before back to me. “They’re going to come in here.”

“How could you?” I demanded once I shoved his hand away from me. “How could you do this?” I wailed accusingly.

His eyes narrowed. “How could I what?”

“Take advantage of me!”

He rolled his eyes. “You were just as drunk as I was last night, Dakota. Don’t put all the blame on me.”

My heart was still beating at an irregular pace and I felt nauseous. I was going to be sick. “Elijah, we had sex!” I cried, almost too loudly. But, seriously, I was freaking out. Sweat coats over my skin and I fidget on the bed, sliding away from Elijah.

Elijah scowls as he examines me. I don’t like the way he’s looking at me. It made my skin crawl and it wasn’t necessarily a bad feeling. Oh, send me to hell. “You’re acting like it was your first time or something.” He snapped his words venomous. At my silence, his lips curved in mockery and his head dunk down toward me. My breath clogged in my throat. “You have done it before, haven’t you?”

“Of course I have!” I yelled. I have. But only once. I looked away to the side; feeling as though something was plunging straight through to my stomach. “This was only the second time.” I muttered.