#5

(Jenny's POV)

"Y-Yoongi? Why are you here?"

He just looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. It is weird. Never have I seen such sorrowful eyes in him. He is usually a cold boy.

Suddenly, he embraced me into his arms.

"Why did you do that? Don't you know it's dangerous to walk alone at this time!? What could have happened to you if I were not there!?"

I wasn't mad, I actually felt so grateful. I was grateful that someone actually do care for me. I smiled, "I'm sorry, Yoongi. Thank you for saving me."

He didn't move from his place, he tightened his hug instead. I widened my eyes as I saw a silhouette, who turned out to be Jimin's.

(Jimin's POV)

I was speechless. What are they doing here? And why are they hugging each other? I thought Yoongi rarely talks with her though. When I saw Jenny looking at me, without any second thoughts, I ran away. What am I doing?

(Jenny's POV)

Yoongi finally broke the hug. I was contemplating whether to ask him why he is here or not.

"I have been following you since you were in the coffee shop."

"W-what?"

"I know what happened. Tell me why you did that."

"Did what?"

We decided to stop by a fast food restaurant. I ordered a hamburger. I was hella tired and hungry after walking for hours just now. Yoongi didn't want to order anything. He just waited for me to finish my meals before he started interogating me.

"So, who is that bully?"

"Why would you care anyway? Let's go home now. It's late."

As I was about to get up from my chair, he grabbed my wrist.

"You won't go home unless you tell me what's going on."

I gave up. Can I trust him?

"S-she's my sister."

"Why would she do that to you?"

"She has been like that since she was a kid."

"Your parents don't care about that?"

"No, they don't. My mom and dad love her the most. I'm used to it though."

"But you should at least tell your parents what she did to you!"

"Parents? I don't think I have any. They always treat me like an animal. They are always so abusive towards me. How am I supposed to tell them what's going on with my life!?"

I burst out my tears as I uttered my last sentence. Yoongi just looked at me, pitifully.

"I experienced that too."

I was startled. Really, Yoongi?

"Actually it's my dad. I'm the only child in the family. My dad is a drunkard, so he is always so abusive towards my mom. Whenever I tried to protect my mom from his beatings, I would end up getting some. That's frustrating."

"So, how's your family now?"

"Nope. I'm all alone now. My mom died because of that bitch. He stabbed my mom until she couldn't take it anymore. I was at my school at that time. When I went home, I saw my mom on the floor, breathless."

"I-I'm sorry to hear that."

"That bitch is nowhere to be found. He just disappeared like that after he killed my mum. He didn't even take any responsibility for what he had done. I will never address him as father anymore."

I just remained silent as I listened to him. He has such a tragic family. Both of us have tragic families, but on different levels.

"And why did I follow you? You reminded me of my mom. That look on your face and the way you just stayed silent after everything that your sister had done to you. You really resemble my mom."

"O-oh I s-see. I'm so sorry for that. Please be strong, Yoongi."

"Hey, it's nothing. I'm okay now."

I smiled as I saw his smile. That gummy smile. He looks adorable.

"If you have anything bothering you, just tell me. I will be here for you."

I nodded my head as I said thank you to him. I felt relieved after I had told everything to him. Not everything, but at least some things that have been bothering me these days. I think that I can trust him because he's not afraid to tell me everything about his family too.

(Yoongi's POV)

Even the way she smiled resembles my mom. Her smile is so genuine. How can she still be that strong to bear with all of the shits thrown to her?

It is almost 11PM. She should go home now.

"Let's go home, Jenny! It's getting late."

She just stared at the table blankly, not reacting at all.

"No. I can't go home now. It's almost midnight. If I were caught going home at this time, I would be killed. I will just stay here. This restaurant opens for 24 hours anyway. You can go home first."

"Then what are you going to tell your parents tomorrow?"

"I don't know either."

No. I can't let her be like this. I must think up an idea.

"Let's go! I will talk to your parents."

"Are you crazy? My father must be drunk again. He isn't asleep yet. If he did anything to you, what should I do?"

"No, I won't let that happen. C'mon!"

(Jenny's POV)

Both of us walked briskly under the moonlight. I was really afraid. How could he be that optimist? What will happen later? I really don't want him to be in trouble.

We finally reached my home. I was literally trembling. When I was about to unlock the door, Yoongi suddenly grabbed and held my hand.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you."

=====

I'm so sorry if this chapter is so damn boring. It is mostly about Jenny and Yoongi. He's not a cold guy anymore right? 😂

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter as well! Thank you so much! ♡