#3

(Jimin's POV)

"Jimin, my parents aren't home yet. Can I drop by your house first?"

"Oh sure, but I bet you would be shocked."

"Why?"

I only grinned as she asked me that question. I really couldn't wait to see her reaction.

-----

"Guys, look who is here!"

Jenny's face was so confused. She curiously asked, "G-guys? How many people are you living with?"
Just as I was about to answer her, familiar voices suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"Jenny? Why are you here?"

"Jenny?"

"Wow Jimin, you have improved a lot. You can even bring a girl to our home now. I'm impressed."

(Jenny's POV)

Wait. Why are they here? Kim Taehyung, Jung Hoseok, and Kim Namjoon. Are they living together? To break free from the questions lingering in my mind, I asked them "Why are you guys here?"

Namjoon narrowed his eyebrows and asked, "Shouldn't we be the one asking that question to you?". Yeah, it's true though. What the hell am I thinking about? "M-my parents are not home yet. And since Jimin walked me home just now, I decided to drop by his house for a while as I'm waiting for my parents." Oh god. It's so damn awkward to be the only girl here.

Fortunately, Taehyung was there. "Hey Namjoon, cut it off. You are making her uncomfortable". Thanks Tae, you saved me.

I sat down on the couch waiting for the time to pass. I was so nervous. Ugh, I regretted my decision to stay here. Should I go now? As I was about to leave the house, Jimin stopped me while he was holding two cups of tea. "Where are you going? It's not even 10 minutes yet". I smiled awkwardly as I went back to the living room.

We chattered quite a lot. "Actually there are six of us. We have been living here together for around 3 years. Seokjin and Yoongi aren't home yet. Seokjin is probably doing grocery shopping right now. As for Yoongi, perhaps he is still in the music room composing songs."

"Why are you guys living together then?"

"We met each other when we registered for music club for the first time. We were assigned to the same group, so we often hung out together to discuss about music. This house actually belongs to Seokjin. But his parents are rarely home. They are always abroad. So he offered us to live with him as he always felt lonely to live in such a big house. We accepted the offer, thinking that it also gave us benefit because his house is closer to the college, so we don't need to spend too much on bus fee anymore. Our parents are also okay with that as long as we visit them at least once a month. So yeah, that is how we end up here."

I was dumbfounded when I listened to him. That's really amazing. The first thing that passed my mind as I listened to him is that it is nice to be able to be away from your parents. I wish I could.

"Let's play UNO, shall we? I will call Taetae, Hoseok, and Namjoon to join us."

-----

It was 9PM. I was on my way home with Jimin. I told him that I would go by myself, but he insisted on coming with me. "It is dangerous for a girl like you to go home alone this late". Ugh, why you gotta do this to me, Jimin?

When we were finally in front of the house, I smiled at him and said, "Bye, Jimin. Be careful on your way home. See you tomorrow. Thanks for today!"

"No worries! Goodbye, Jen!"

Today has been fun, not until I stepped into the house yard.

"Where did you go!? Why are you home so late!?"

(Jimin's POV)

I waited for Jenny to get inside her home safely, when I suddenly heard someone shout at her in the yard. I quickly hid behind the blocks to listen to what's happening.

"Where did you go!? Why are you home so late!?"

I thought that is Jenny's father. But why is he so rude to her? I continued to eavesdrop.

"I-I was doing a-a group project with my f-friends at college."

Why is she lying?

"Are you trying to lie to me again!? Go inside the house. Now."

I couldn't hear anything anymore as they got inside the house. I was curious. Why would Jenny lie to her father?

-----

(Jenny's POV)

Michelle, mom, and dad were there. I knew what was going to happen next. I was ready for it.

"Group project? College? I didn't see you there earlier. Besides, today is our second day of college. There is no group project yet. I bet you must have been having fun with your friends, right?", Michelle provoked my parents.

Without giving me any chance to explain, my mom slapped me. "You deserve it. Do you want to end up like your father? So stupid and useless."

My father talked back, "What the hell are you talking about?"

My mom defended herself, "Am I wrong?"

And so the fight went on and on. I am used to it though. I was hurt. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't even cry anymore. My eyes are used to it as well.

"Happy to see your parents fighting?"

I was shocked to discover Michelle standing beside me asking that question.

"Do you know what causes them fight every single time? It's you. Whenever you are around, they always fight. So, I guess you are really a bad luck for this family."

That hits me hard. Am I really a bad luck for this family? As an older sister, I really wanted to talk back. However, I realized that I don't have any power in this family anymore. So I just ignored her and went to my room.

I was tired to do anything, so I directly went to bed. As I was about to close my eyes, my phone vibrated. A message popped out.

"Mind telling me what happened?"

=====

Thank you for reading the third chapter! ♡

Curious about what is going to happen next?
Stay tuned!