Chapter Two

July 4, 2016

But today, he exploded.

His grey eyes that held anger met Blake's humorous eyes. Then everything happened in slow motion. Liam strode towards us with long and strong steps and grabbed Blake by his hair until he was out of the bed, far away from me and pushed him to the floor. He hovered over him and started to beat him up, punching wherever his tight fists could reach. And throughout the beating Blake was laughing the whole time, blood pouring down from his nose.

"YOU." Punch. "MOTHERFUCKER." Punch. "BASTARD."

I was still in bed, my body was too tense to move. But I took the last strength inside of me to stand up, wrapping the white sheet around my body. Before I began making my way over to the fight, my eyes suddenly shifted down to a red colored stain that rested on the white sheet. It haunted me. More tears fell as I felt a deep wave of disgust washing over my body. With a shaking body, I stalked towards Liam that was beating the hell out of Blake nonstop.

"Liam. S-stop. You'll k-kill him."

I didn't want Liam to dirty his hands by this person. This person that became a complete stranger in my eyes and Liam's. He was Liam's best friend, from birth.

I was no better.

For some reason Liam stopped, his hand in midair. He was breathing heavily. Then he stood up and faced me with the most hard and rough look he has ever giving me since the day I knew him.

"You fucking disgusting slut." Every word he spoke was like a slap on my face. And I knew I deserved them. "You couldn't wait to be fucked? You couldn't wait?"

Tears fell as I shook my head but before I could reply, Blake spoke, his voice husky and tired from all the beating he received by Liam.

He let out a weak and humorless chuckle. "I fucked her good, Liam. She was begging for it, begging for my cock. She felt so -oh." He stopped talking from the kick Liam gave him with his foot.

"Shut the fuck up!" Liam roared, his hands clenching into fists.

***

I woke up before my alarm clock went off. This was my routine every day.

The dream was like a vision inside my head. How I wished it was just a nightmare. But unfortunately they weren't. They were more than just a nightmare. The dream was a memory. A haunting memory. A memory that invaded my soul every night. These dreams are the worst kind of torture. Reliving them over and over again was like an unforgettable torture for me.  And unfortunately I didn't have the power to stop them.

For years I've managed to shut down my emotions, my memories of us. They were successfully hidden in the shadows around my heart. But then he showed up right in front of me. Unexpectedly.

It's only been three days and he was already making my mind a hot mess.

The song 'I love rock n roll' blasted full volume through the thin walls of the bedroom making me break away from my thoughts. I turned my body sideways and watched my sister. Layla groaned in frustration and irritation. The choice of song was ironic for both of us. We hated rock n roll. But if it made Layla wake up from her sleep and get her ass to school, then I was more than happy to hear the song every single morning. And sure enough, it worked perfectly for the past years.

I pushed the thick blanket from my body and sat up seeing as Layla buried her head into her pillow. I smiled. That served her right.

Last night she had me worried. She came home at Midnight. This isn't the first time she'd kept me up all night. She makes me explode with worry, I'm afraid of something bad happening to her. I never sleep when she's out, until I know for sure that she's safe and sound in her bed. Last night as soon as she came home, she went straight to bed not even bothering to utter a word to me nor giving me a second glance. Without putting on her pajamas she fell sound asleep in her bra and underwear.