Can We Talk For A Moment?

Start from the beginning

"Good morning, beautiful lady." I smiled then I kissed her head. "You have a doctors appointment at noon." I reminded her and she nodded.

Jim and I had set up an appointment because her behaviour towards my pregnancy was worrying us. She loved John's babies but it seemed like the very thought of carrying babies grossed her out a bit. We wanted to see if she was neutral because, even as children, carriers loved the thought of having babies.

"It's just a test to see what I am, right?" She asked, while she buttered her toast, and I nodded. "Will you be angry if I'm not a carrier?" She whispered while she pouted herself a glass of juice.

"Of course not. Your Dad and I don't know what your biological parents were and it all depends on that, really." The child was usually what one parent, or the other, was- it was rare for a neutral to come from a breeder and a carrier. "And there are other ways to get kids if you want one- you could marry a carrier, you could do surrogacy, you could adopt, there are so many options." I smiled while I put my lunch into my bag.

Julia just nodded then she started to make her lunch. Jim walked down the stairs in a housecoat, and probably boxers- his hair was wet which meant he just had a shower.

"Morning." I smiled then I waddled over to kiss him. "I like your outfit." I smirked while I teasingly pulled at the sash. "It would look a lot better in the corner, though." I whispered, so only he could hear.

"Oh, now you're being nice to me? I remember you waking me up with a rough little kick to the shins." Jim giggled then he kissed my nose. "You're going to be late for school, Duckie." He whispered while he dropped his hand to my belly.

I groaned then Julia and I went to put our shoes on. Jim followed us and he tried to help me with my shoes- I argued and decided that I would be wearing slippers.

"Mum, you aren't wearing your teaching uniform." Julia pointed out while she slipped on her black Mary Jane's.

"Baby Nug-Face doesn't care about uniforms- I don't fit into any of my dress shirts anymore." I muttered while I rubbed my belly.

I wasn't dressed like a slob, I was wearing a nice jumper and maternity jeans. The only bad part was my slippers but my feet were swollen and if any teacher had a problem with that, they could say it to my face.

"Kiss me, again." I whined then Jim gave me a quick kiss on the lips. "9:45, Jim, don't forget!" I pointed at him and he nodded.

Julia and I went out to my vehicle and we both put our bags in the backseat. We climbed into our seats and I started the car.

"Stupid belly." I whispered while I moved my chair back- it was awkward because I couldn't really reach the pedals if my chair was pushed back but I couldn't steer properly if I was in my regular spot.

"Are you okay, Mum?" Julia asked while I took a deep breath into my hands.

"I should be in bed still- I should be on maternity leave and I shouldn't be trying to fit myself into a car." I whined. "I'm just so tired and I want to go back to bed." Apparently the last couple months were, kind of, the worst and I was already starting to feel that.

"It's okay, Mum, you only have a couple more weeks- February break is only like 4 or 5 weeks away." My daughter gave me a small smile and I nodded while I put the car into reverse. "You'll get to make up the nursery soon and then it'll all be so real." She knew that this would make me feel better.

During the drive, Julia would send a text then giggle- I looked over once and she was texting Jim. What were they talking about that was so funny?