chapter twenty five

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I sighed and turned to her a little…

‘’what’s your name?’’ I asked her politely, she looked at me as if she was thinking…and hesitated when talking…

‘’chiso-I mean…mercy’’ she nodded….

‘’wow…what is the other name you were going to say?’’ I asked her smiling…she looked at me with a pause again before hesitating when talking

‘’Chisomo’’ she explained politely and kind of hiding away from me…

‘’oh wow….what does it mean?’’ I asked her…

‘’err…it-its kind of like…happiness…but not happiness at the same time’’ she explained, finding her voice more…though, I thought her voice needed some tick tacks…I ignored that thought and smiled…this was good, it was working….

I nodded, even though I didn’t get what she meant… ‘’so where are you from?, not being, racist’’ I added for some reason.

‘’umm…mala-‘’

"i thought you were gonna say malawi!" i cut over her...she looked at me with raised eye brows when i clocked/

‘’you’re from Malawi??’’ I boomed out by accident making people look at us…some gave me and chi- mercy dirty looks…

‘’sorry…you’re from Malawi?’’ I whispered looking at her amazed…omidaiz ohmigod…beauty would want to hear this…

She nodded with a smile on her face…yes…she smiled

‘’do not laugh at me’’ I teased sounding hurt…she laughed a little louder. Making me look angry…

‘’I thought it was a small country…how comes you know about it?’’ her tone shocked me, she sounded so normal now…

‘’my frie- …I mean, beast friend is from there…her names beauty’’ I smiled proudly… she nodded with a glint in her eyes….

‘’so..,Whats ‘your’ name then?’’ she finally asked

‘’yinka…’’ I smiled ‘’I’m Korean by the way, not Chinese, and I was born here not in Korea’’

She nodded ‘’I thought so’’ she explained briefly making me turn to her sharply…

‘’what?’’ I asked looking dumbfounded

She eyed me closely ‘’umm…I said I thought you were Korean too’’

‘’yeah but how? People always confuse us’’ I asked finding this very interesting….

‘’well…’’she looked kind of embarrassed ‘’I’m a K-drama addict and I kind of pick up on differences’’

My eyebrows rose up ‘’you like Korean drama?’’ I blurted out. She looked away embarrassed…looking outside the window I noticed my stop was coming up..