#1

(Jenny's POV)

I'm Jenny, 20 years old, currently in my third year of college. I have one younger sister, Michelle, 18 years old, currently in her first year of college. As you can see from our names, we are not from Korea. We moved to Korea when I was still 15. My sister and I don't really get along well; she is kinda rude, she always acts as if she were the most powerful in the family. Well, that's a fact though.

My parents are quite problematic. My mom can't really control her temper. She always gets annoyed at every single thing. What makes it worse is that.. I'm the one who has to be responsible for all of the mess. Whenever my mom can't bear with it anymore, she will just relieve herself by blaming everything on me. She always gets angry with me, and in worse case, beats me.

As for my dad, he is a drunkard. He always gets home late or sometimes never at all. My mom and dad don't really get along well as well. Since my dad started to be a drunkard, my parents have always been fighting with each other. I don't even know how they could get married in the first place.

My sister is the golden kid in my family. My mom and dad love her so much to the point that they might sacrifice everything for her. Maybe that's one of the reasons why she is so disrespectful towards me. I can't blame it though. She's pretty, smart, and everything, while I'm just an average girl, not that pretty and smart. So yeah, she's literally the golden kid and everybody loves her.

I have been living with this family for 20 years, so I'm pretty used to it. Those beatings, rude words, everything. I can't even do anything, because it might just make the situation get worse. Therefore, I just let it flow, thinking that this is perhaps my fate to live like this.

-----

Today is my first day of college on the third year. Yeah so it means today is also Michelle's first day of college after she graduated from senior high. I really want to graduate faster so that I can find my own job and get out from this family. Well.. I wish I could.

I want to try something new on my third year, so I planned to join music and taekwondo clubs. The reason why I chose music is simply because I love music and I want to learn deeper about it. As for the reason why I chose taekwondo is basically because I want to protect myself since I can't rely on anybody else to do so.

I was in the class sitting when suddenly someone called me "Excuse me? Can I sit here?". I didn't even look at him and just nodded my head because I really couldn't take anybody's shit anymore. When the lecturer came in, she asked some new students to introduce themselves in front of the class. The boy who sat beside me suddenly stood up and went in front. "Hi. My name is Jeon Jungkook. I'm a new student. I just moved from another university because I found that here is better. Nice to know all of you. I hope we can be good friends."
Ah, so the boy who sits beside me is a new student. Well, I should at least give him a good impression.

-----

I went to the music room to register myself in order to join the club. When I reached there, there was only a boy in the room. He was playing the piano when suddenly he heard my footsteps. He stopped and looked at my direction, "Who are you? Why are you here?". "Oh hi I'm Jenny. I want to register for the music club. Do you know who I should go to?". He grabbed a piece of paper from the table beside him and gave it to me. Damn. Why is this boy so damn cold to me? As soon as I finished filling up everything, I gave the paper back to him without saying anything. Just as my hands reached the door knob, the cold boy spoke up, "We are having a meeting tomorrow at 9AM in this room. Don't be late."

After I had registered for both music and taekwondo clubs, I went to the canteen right away to eat some food. I ended up buying two sticks of Snickers. As usual, I sat in the corner of the canteen, where there are fewer people mingling around there. Yeah that's my favorite place. But then suddenly a familiar voice called me, "Hey! Can I sit with you?". I nodded my head as I ate my first Snickers. "You haven't told me your name. What's your name?". "Jenny. Jenny Lee" I answered coldly. "Wow that's a sweet name! I'm glad to be your seatmate!". Oh boy, you still don't know the true me. I'm not as sweet as you thought.

-----

I was home again. I hate this hell. I feel like moving out from here. As I went upstairs to have my assignments done, my mom called me to help her wash the dishes. Assignments or dishes? Of course, I would choose dishes. I didn't want to be killed for not listening to my mom's order. Well, plans don't always go like what you think.

I made a mistake. I literally dropped a plate into the floor while I was wiping it. Damn it. My mom shout at me and told me to pick up those pieces by myself. I thought everything was going to be okay until she took a piece of the broken plate and threw it to my face. "Did you know that the plate is very expensive!? What the hell are you doing!?". I ignored her and just went on picking the pieces and cleaning the floor. I finished helping with the dishes as well.

I went upstairs and directly to my room. I looked at the mirror and found out that there's a wound on my left cheek. I took a bandage and put it on my cheek. After doing so, I quickly threw myself to the bed. Should I continue living like this? How long can I still live like this? Shit. I have a meeting tomorrow and I should look good for the first meeting. Never mind. I am used to people throwing shits on me. Yeah everything is going to be alright.

=====

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy reading the first chapter!
Just for your information, this is my first book, so I'm sorry if it is boring ;_;

I will keep on updating whenever I have the time. Thank you for reading!
Drop some comments and votes as well! Thank you so much! ♡