Chapter 9

AN: Hey! Go check out btrgirlies's new story "Jaws: The Frenzy". It's a parody of Jaws, One Direction, and other people and what happens when Jaws strikes. It's realy good so far! :)

Chapter 9

I internally groaned as I heard the whimpers and whines that where coming from somewhere in the darkness of the room.

I opened my eyes and sat up slowly, pushing my hair out of the way.  I looked around the unfamiliar room. It was still pretty dark. I could just make out the shapes.

I stretched my arm out in the darkness, trying to find a lamp or something.

The whining turned into soft cries and my search became more frantic.

I gave up and slowly climbed off the mattress. I wandered blindly around the room feeling the walls until I found the light switch.

I blinked at the sudden brightness and looked to where Devon was squirming and crying on the bed.

Well, it wasn’t really a bed. It was just a full sized mattress that was shoved into the back corner of the small room.  

There was a closet located on the opposite wall, in the front of the room, and a small dresser-like piece of furniture against the left wall. Other than that there were only two curtain covered windows on the back wall.  It was pretty empty.

I walked over to the mattress to go pick Devon up. He rested his head on my shoulder as he continued to whine.

“Oh, what’s wrong?” I asked him in a baby voice and began to rock him. “Shhhh.”

I really didn’t want him to wake anyone else up. Especially since we were in James’s apartment. The last thing I wanted was to have my brother barge in the room and yell for Devon’s crying.

I walked over to where my duffle bag, along with Devon’s car seat, was sitting on the floor next to the dresser. I shifted my grip on Devon to be able to open it up. I managed to pull out the things I needed to change him.

I walked back over to the bed and spread out a baby blanket on top of it before setting him down. There wasn’t really anywhere else to change him.

After I had put a fresh diaper on him he seemed to quiet down.

I put the wipes and things back into my bag and returned to where he was. I picked him up again.

“Is that better?” I asked holding him on my hip.

He just whimpered a little. At least there weren’t any more tears.

I grabbed the dirty diaper in my free hand and walked out of the room, somehow managing to open the door with my hands full.

I peeked into the hall way. It was a little brighter out here. I wandered over to the bathroom to throw the diaper away.

After, I set Devon on his feet so I could wash my hands in the sink. He just held on to my leg as he rubbed his eyes and grumbled.

I dried my hands off and picked him back up, holding him with both arms. I then walked back into the hallway. Pausing for a second to listening and see if anyone had been woken up.

There were soft snores coming from the living room and I was relieved.

It had been interesting when we tried to figure out what our sleeping arrangements would be. The boys had ended up all sleeping in the living room on the couches and an air mattress that James had laying around. My mom and I ended up with the bedrooms. I got the weird guest room/storage room. Mom had gotten James’s room. He had insisted that he slept on the couch so we could get the beds.