Chapter 3

Authors Note:

Just in case anyone's reading this (lol), I edited/revised Chapters 1 and 2. The events are still the same. I just felt like it needed more detail to make it sound better. It won't really make a difference if you re read them or not... It was just bothering me cuz it didn't sound good to me.

(PS I don't really know that much about boxing so Google was my best friend while writing this chapter ...I hope it makes sense. Sorry if it doesn't.)

Chapter 3

I was woken to the smell of cheap hotel coffee. I slowly opened my eyes to find the bright Nevada sunlight streaming through the window. I groaned and clamped my eyes shut again. I hated being greeted by bright lights in the morning.

I rolled over, away from the direction of the window. I was considering sleeping for a few more hours. I didn't even know what time it was, but I didn't care. I just knew I was tired.

I heard the door shut and suddenly I felt the bed dip slightly from behind me. Something touched me and before I knew what was happening, I was getting attacked. I opened my eyes to find a small person climbing on top of me.

"Moooommmmmmmyyyyy!!" Devon said loudly, looking down at me. "Mommy! Hi!"

I slowly sat up. "Hey bud," I smiled as I pulled him in for a hug.

"Hi! Hi! Hi!" he tried to pull away so he could look at me. I ruffled his hair and he screeched and began to laugh.

"You hungry, Devon?" I asked him. He was sitting in front of me on the bed, watching me with his blue eyes as he grabbed handfuls of blankets. He nodded in excitement, realizing that he was going to eat, and made an attempt to climb off the bed. "Careful," I told him as I tried to help him.

I threw the blankets off of my legs and swung them off the side of the bed. Devon was already there waiting for me. I stood up and stretched. I walked towards where my duffle bag had been thrown the previous night, on the floor in the corner of the room. I unzipped it and pulled out a container full of cheerios and a baby food jar. I looked at the label, peaches sounded good. I dug around for a spoon and a bib.

After I had found everything, I walked over to one of the nightstands in the room and set down the food. I grabbed the chair, it had been moved from the side of the bed back to its original place at the desk, and dragged it over near the nightstand. According to the alarm clock that was there, it was 9:30 am.

Devon had been following me as I wandered around the room, getting everything ready. He ran up to me and I picked him up. I took off his pajamas so he was just in his diaper, we didn't bring a highchair with us so feeding Devon was going to be a messy process. I sat him on the chair and put the bib on him. His hands started to pat the chair. I opened the jar of peaches and grabbed the spoon.

"Mmm, yummy," I said "Do you want some peaches?"

"Yes Mommy!" Devon replied.

I laughed and scooped some out of the jar. "Open up."

I fed Devon his peaches and he ate them happily. It was a little messy. He had managed to get them all over his face.

The door to the room opened and my mother walked in. "Hey Honey."

"Good morning," I replied, still feeding Devon.

She walked over to the coffeemaker on the desk and grabbed the cup that was waiting. "I just took a quick walk around," She said, sipping her coffee. "Did you know there's a pool and a hot tub?"

"Really? That sounds nice," I looked at her.

"Yes it does. If you can't find me after we get back from the tournament, that's probably a good place to look," She laughed.