The Final Twenty-Four | 6

Start from the beginning

"And what kind of name is New New? Answer me, what kind of name is that?"

"I'm New New cause I always rock the new, new shit," she said while flashing her earring "okay? Thank you."

"And I heard that you and yo homegirls don't buy none of that new, new shit," I said with a straight face.

"Whatever," she spat.

"So I came over here to talk to Tamela."

"Tomica," she corrected.

"Man whatever, just know that I need to talk to you."

"Nah I'm good," she said while shaking her head and holding back tears.

"What's wrong are you okay?" Lauren asked.

"Right now the number one requested song is Boyz-N-the-Hood by Compton's very own Eazy-E! And we see you over there E what's good?!" he chuckled.

"I went to get them out but there was no bail. The fellas causing a riot in the county jail. Two days later in the municipal court, Kilo G on trial could cut a fart. Disruption of the court said the judge on a six year sentence my man didn't budge. Baliff came over to turn him in, Kilo G looked up and gave a grin."

"Come on let's finish the song," DJ Cheese chuckled. Then everyone began to rap in unison.

"He yelled out fire then came Suzy. The bitch came in with a sub-machine uzi. Police shot the girl but didn't hurt her, both upstate for attempted murder."

"Cuz the boyz in the hood are always hard.
You come talking that trash we'll pull your card. Knowing nothing in life but to be legit."

"Don't quote me boy cause I aint said shit."

"Aye that shit is still dope E!" Dre said after giving me dap.

"Yeah I kicked a little ass, but that was a blast from the past motherfucker."

"Can we talk now? Tomica, me and you without Lauren."

"And why can't I stay here? Why can't I stay here with my best friend while she's talking to you? What if you kidnap her?" she laughed.

"Oh don't worry because according to Miss Tomica, the security guards would track me down so she's good," I smirked after licking my lips.

"So what do you want to talk about? Why the hell are you even in my face right now?"

"First of all bitch calm your attitude. I came over just to talk things through but to be real, you ain't shit to me so I don't need to explain myself to you."

"Oh I'm sorry you see I can't hear all of the bullshit that's coming out of your mouth right now."

She stepped outside and I followed.

"Man damn can't you just listen to what I have to say?"

"We have nothing to talk about! Why would I want to associate myself with you? Why?"

"If you would shut the fuck up and just listen, damn just fucking listen. I'm just here to apologize."

"Apologize for what? Why are you apologizing to me? I think you should apologize to that manager who was shot in the leg. Or maybe apologize to those poor banktellers who were held hostage," she spat with tears streaming down her face.